xi

I'd slept in my jeans.The denim digging up in places it normally wouldn't. Waking up was already the most unsatisfying thing ever.But sleeping in jeans was a close second.

After stripping myself out of my jeans I nearly felt like I was on cloud nine.That was until a soft thud sounded after my jeans hit the floor.My eyebrows furrowed as I went to pick my jeans off my bedroom floor my hands going through the pockets till they landed on a small plastic rectangle.

The flash drive.My eyes go wide as I pull out the only thing proving yesterday had actually happened.

I grip the pink drive in my hands letting out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.I wanted to know what was on it.And seeing ho Alex hadn't asked for it back last night.He'd probably wanted me to see it too.That or he probably forgot.It was probably the second choice but that didn't mean I wasn't going to be noisy.I set the flash drive atop my desk;promising myself I'll come back to see what was on it later.

After I'd pushed myself off the bed and changed into a pair of pajama pants I'd began making my way through the hallway on my journey to the bathroom.

I needed a shower.After last night the first thing I did after entering my room was sleep.Which explained why I hadn't changed.

"Why are you I my room?"I ask staring at Freddie's back.He was hunched over my desk staring at something at interesting.For a minute I though he'd found the flash drive but when i caught sight of my phone case I nearly sighed in relief.

"Why are you communicating with Alex?"He asks turning around to look at me.

"Because I can."I reply.What other answer had he expected from me?

"You know he's trouble."He informs me.

"What the hell does that even mean?"I walk around to my dresser taking apart the towel that rested atop my head.

"It means he's a bad influence."

"He's not influencing me in anyway."I state rolling my eyes.

"Where you with him last night?"He finally asks.My blood goes cold and I feel the need to throw a brick at someone.

"Why does it matter?"

"If this is because of what happened with Dylan.."He doesn't finish instead leaving me to pick up the prices and figure out what he meant.

"I'm not speaking to Alex because I was dumped."I argue annoyed at how my brother thought Dylan and Alex had anything to do with me.

"I just don't want you to mix with the wrong crowd."He finally stands down letting out a breath before walking out of my room.

It wasn't till I had finished getting dressed for school and was already in my car did I realize that Freddie still had my phone.

I stormed into the school building after parking my car with every intention of ripping my phone away from my brother and then ripping apart his limbs and hitting him with them.

"The winter galas coming."Emily cheers as I walk towards Freddie's row of lockers.

"So is finals week."I remind her.

"What wrong?"she takes to notice my attitude.

"Freddie has my phone."I say briefly not going to detail about how he's been so pissed off since last night.

"That's why you haven't responded to any of my texts."Emily nods her head in understanding."I was texting you about going dress shopping."

"Dress shopping for what?"I ask turning to look at her after seeing Freddie chatting away with one of his team mates.