Chapter 4

Walking to him, I looked over his shoulder to see what he was doing, 'Schizophrenia' he typed

"What's that?" I asked him

"The doctors say you have it. I just want to do some research on it. Don't worry." He said smiling to me, while grabbing a notebook.

I went to his room and laid down on his bed. It was comfy, unlike my old bed. Well, I don't think you can call it a bed.

Falling asleep on the bed, I woke up a few hours later to Jason having a luggage bag on the floor and putting items in it.

"What are you doing?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

He turned to me and smiled sadly. Slowly he came over to me and kneeled beside me on the bed.

"What your condition needs is a safe place. That safe place is going to hold you there for a bit, so I need to pack up anything you might need." He told me, brushing some hair out of my eyes.

"Oh ok." I said, not really understanding.

"I think Marley is making some food. Why don't you go help him." Jason said, pushing the covers back so I could get up.

Doing so I walked out of the room and saw Marley on his phone, leaning against the counter by the stove which was fired up. He looked up and smiled, "Hey Charlie."

"Hi, do you need help?" I asked

"Sure." He set his phone done and went to the cabinet. "Can you get the milk out?" He asked, setting some fettuccini noodles down.

I walked over to the fridge and pulled the milk jug from it. Gently I set it on the counter, looking at Marley for more instructions.

For the next hour we made food. It was fun, Marley wasn't like Weston. Neither was Kiley! She's very nice to me, and gets along with Jason and Marley.

"Ok done." Jason said coming out of his room.

"Done with what?" I asked, already forgetting that he was doing.

He stopped and looked at me, "Packing for you safe place." He said softly towards me, gently patting my head.

Marley has gotten quiet when Jason said 'safe place'. "Marley?" I asked

He got out of his daze and looked at me with a soft smile, "Yes?"

"I'm hungry." I said walking to him to see what he's doing near the stove.

"Ok, I'm almost done. Why don't you turn on the tv. I'll bring the food over to you." He told me in a childish voice making me smile.

<Marley Hayes POV>

"Done with what?" Charlie asked, as I mixed the noodles with the sauce.

Jason stopped walking and looked at Charlie "Packing for you safe place." He said, walking towards Charlie and lightly patting his head

Safe place

I didn't want the kid to go. He was amazing to have around, even if he was in a daze most of the time.

"Marley?" Charlie asked, making me come back to reality, "Yes?" I answered

"I'm hungry." Charlie said walking to me.

"Ok, I'm almost done. Why don't you turn on the tv. I'll bring the food over to you." I told him I'm a child-like voice. He smiled and nodded, walking to the living room.