- Dark x Google -

Start from the beginning

"How could I ever love you."

It wasn't a question. It was a statement.

Dark's breath hitched at these words. Was he really that bad? Did he get so far that his one and only would push him away? Throwing him aside like a used toy he didn't want to play with anymore? Dark took a shaky breath and tried to blink the fresh tears away that dared to spill, unsuccessfully.

"I-I have to go.", he whispered out and quickly shoved past the machine.

Now alone, the android glanced at the spot where only seconds ago the love of his eternity stood. The fallen tears stained the royal blue carpet beneath his feet. And even if Google would never admit it, they also stained parts of his beating heart inside his synthetic chest.
- - - -

The next morning rolled around and the egos gathered in the dining room for their traditional Saturday-breakfast. They all trotted in one by one, chatting to one another until the chairs at the table were all filled. Well, mostly filled. All beside one.

"Has anyone seen Dark?", Dr. Iplier asked with narrowed brows as he scanned the table.

All glanced around the room and into the open kitchen next to the dining area. Dark was still nowhere to be seen. They waited for another minute, expecting the ego to just turn the corner of the hallway and step into the room. But he didn't. There was no other sound on the floor besides the coffee machine running and the birds outside chirping.

"That's...unusual.", Bim pointed out and raised a brow at the silence between them.

"Maybe he just started working early?", Eric assumed and played a little with his yellow handkerchief.

The others hummed or stayed silent before slowly going back to their chats and began eating breakfast together.

Google sat in his chair, sipping on a cup of coffee, a tablet in his other hand as he read an online newspaper. He tried to distract himself from the empty seat to his right, the one where Dark would usually sit. His mind started to wander to the times where Dark would sit beside him, secretly putting a hand on his thigh under the table, starting to talk with the android about upcoming events and meetings. About how much there was left to do until they were anywhere near on taking over Mark's channel. He thought about the times when Dark told him about the plans, he had made in his mind for them to do, when he had some time to spare. The entity's crimson red eyes looking at him in a way with such passion and love he had never seen someone else looking at him before.

Google shook his head, slowly blinking at the screen in front of him to get rid of his thoughts.

"He's fine.", he tried telling himself, "He just slept in today, nothing to worry about. Not like I have to worry about him at all."
- - - -

Dark woke up to his body aching. He groaned and turned around only to feel a sharp pain running up his side, hissing a little at the sudden feeling. Dark hasn't slept for most of the night. Instead, he bawled his eyeballs out and clung to himself or a pillow. The whole night, he thought about the words Google spat at him, about him being nothing without his vessel, which was, unfortunately, true. Without his vessel, he wouldn't exist, so he assumed at least. But even if it wouldn't be case here, the android said he was a no-one. Useless in any way, shape or form. And so, he felt that way.

Broken.

Useless.

Worthless.

Deep inside, Dark knew that this wasn't true. That it was just the words spilling out of the android in the heat of the moment.
He didn't mean any of it, right?
He didn't mean it, when he said, that he was a worthless piece, ready to be thrown into the trash. He didn't mean it, when he said, it would be no difference without him being around. He didn't mean it when he said, . . .