36. She is my wife

Akshita

I opened my eyes and his smiling face greeted me. I felt better just looking at him.

"Hi, Good morning. How do you feel?" He asked, kissing my temple.

"Better," I mumbled snuggling my face in his neck. We cuddled like that for some time and it felt like the world was a better place.

"Let me take a look, at least." He said to me, trying to make me look up but I was reluctant. He wanted to see the bruise on my face but I knew it must be looking ugly so I kept hiding my face.

"Are you going to keep your face like this whole day?"

"Hmm."

"Are you able to breathe from my neck? How's the view there?" He asked chuckling.

"The view here is very sexy," I muttered planting a kiss on his neck.

"Akshita, stop! That's unfair." He moaned, making me giggle. I looked up and let him see my face. His eyes softened and he caressed the bruised side of my face, planting kisses all over it.

"Are you kissing it better because it's working?" I commented to lighten his mood. A gorgeous smile adorned his already stunning face, making him look even more handsome. I could forget all my misery with just his one smile.

"If you think it looks ugly, let me clarify. It does not."

"You are biased," I told him.

"This is my unbiased opinion." He said, showing me my face through a phone camera. He was right, it didn't look that bad. There was a slight bruise that could be concealed with the makeup. Suddenly, an idea popped up in my head.

"Can I come to work with you today?" I asked him.

"I am not going today." He said frowning.

"Why?"

"What why? I am gonna stay home with you."

"No, please just go to work and take me with you. You just want to stay with me so I am giving you a solution. I really wanna go. My job will start in two days, I want to clear my mind before that. Please, please, please." I pouted at him.

"Ok, ok. We will go. Alright?" He sighed, giving in to my demand and we both got up to get ready.

_____

"Akshu, how do you feel?" Papa asked standing up and placing his newspaper aside. It was papa's first question as Ashish and I went to the hall to eat breakfast. I smiled at the concern in his voice. I don't need anyone else when I have them in my life.

"I am fine, Papa. And I promise myself and you guys that I would never in my life feel dejected because of my birth parents because now I do not need them. I have you guys with me and your love is more than enough for me." He smiled so big that I could feel how genuinely happy he felt from inside after hearing my words.

"Now, I don't want to see my daughter cry because of insignificant people." He kissed my temple and we sat for breakfast. Mamma made my favourite breakfast and I thanked her for it.

"Mamma, Akshita is going with me to work today," Ashish informed our parents.

"Ok." She replied smiling.

"If she is going with you then I want a leave today. I will take your mother out," Papa said making mamma giggle.

"Cool." I smiled at their grinning faces. They act really cute sometimes. After breakfast, Ashish and I left for the restaurant in another city.