14. A kiss of love

Akshita

I had so much fun with my amazing new family. I have never felt so comfortable with new people before but everyone in the family has been so accommodating and comforting, trying to help me in adjusting with them that I felt like I have known them since forever.

For a minute, I thought my day would lose the essence when papa's aunt commented something to make me feel bad but papa supported me like a father does for his daughter. The support I always craved for, I finally got it. All these years that I suffered were nothing in front of this first day in my new home. In just one day, I have gained so many good memories which I can cherish forever.

Ashish... This name carries a lot of meaning to me. I got all these beautiful memories because of him. What I feel for him is not just liking, it's way beyond that- there is gratefulness, passion, admiration, anticipation to gain his love and his touch. His touch makes me feel alive and my whole body buzzes when his fingers brush against my skin even lightly. I have never felt anything like that in my life. Yes, I have never even been touched before but his touch feels different, it feels passionate, leaves me with a feeling of wanting more.

I turned to look at him and feeling my stare, he also looked at me, we both smiled at each other.

"Aww, they can't stop looking at each other." I shyly looked down when Swasti commented to tease us again. After lunch, Ashish brought the medicines for me from our room and fed them to me like I was a child. I was somewhere a child from the heart because I never got to experience the care as a child.

______

We all chatted and laughed till evening, getting to know each other better.

"Akshita, I want to take you to the temple with me for blessings. If you are feeling better, shall we go now?" Mamma asked me in the evening.

"Yes, mamma. I am feeling perfectly fine. We will go whenever you say." I answered and she nodded smiling.

"Should I change my clothes?" I asked looking down at myself.

"No need, Akshu. You look beautiful." She said caressing my face. I smiled at her use of a nickname for me. Within just one day, this whole family made me theirs, they have appreciated me more times than my birth family did in twenty-three years of my life. I am so grateful.

I went to the temple with mamma, aunties (Mami, Chachi, Tai) and the girls (Khushi and Swasti). We took God's blessings and mamma did a special prayer for me and Ashish. I thanked God for giving me so much happiness, even if it took me long but I knew that now I was going to be happy for good.

After we came back, the relatives were getting ready to leave so I took the blessings from all the elders and hugged my cousins-in-law.

"Bhabhi, please come to our home first." Swasti and Shubh said in unison, then laughed. Swati and Shubh were almost three years apart but their behaviour was alike. The fact they were both equally cherished was, even more, proof of how different my birth family was from everyone.

"Okay." I smiled at them and they left with their parents. All the uncles and aunts left after some time. After everyone left, Khushi took me with her to show me her room, which was big, spacious and decorated very tastefully. It was filled with books.

"You like reading?" I asked picking out a book from her tree-shaped bookshelf.

"I love reading." She said grinning.

"Bhai and I assembled this bookshelf. It's beautiful, right?" She said as she saw me admiring the wooden masterpiece.

"Really? It is beautiful, goes with the charm of your room. I love it." I said wide-eyed and we both sat on her bed.