21. Good day turned bad

Ashish

Sometimes, it's not just people or environment or situation that makes you feel like you are worth it. Sometimes, even words are unnecessary, just eyes communicate or your expressions convey how you feel or what you want. Then there is this one person who makes you feel like you are the centre of their universe, like their life is incomplete without you, that feeling is beyond words.

Akshita makes me feel that, she lets me enjoy the feeling of being that most loved person in the world. This past week has been nothing but bliss; it was intriguing and exciting. Because we got to know each other more, discovered qualities of each other we didn't know before. Akshita has become more comfortable with everyone in the family after she finally talked about her issues with a specialist who helped her understand herself in a better way. It was a step in the right direction. With the right treatment, she could get past her problems and live her life tension free.

Life is moving ahead, we are all moving forward as well. Khushi is going back to her college in a day and we all are feeling bad about it. So Akshita's job letter became a reason for celebration and happiness for us. We were keeping it a secret from Akshita so we could throw a surprise party for her. Mamma and papa were in charge of the guest lists while Khushi and I had all the other responsibilities. It is not much difficult to plan a party because we don't have to worry about the venue but keeping it a secret from Akshita is not an easy job. She started having doubts after seeing our behaviour but we covered it with an excuse and made her believe that there is a get together arranged by my friend.

So after hiding it from her for three consecutive days, it was finally the day of the party. While Akshita was getting ready, I also changed my clothes. I wore a white shirt and blue checkered trousers along with a pair of brown loafer shoes. After styling my hair and spraying some perfume, I was ready to go.

Since Akshita was still getting ready, I called my staff for the last-minute arrangement checks

Since Akshita was still getting ready, I called my staff for the last-minute arrangement checks. After stuffing Akshita's appointment letter in my pocket, I waited for her in the room.

"Baby, how long?" I asked after getting impatient and bored alone.

"One minute." Her beautiful voice rang from the dressing room lightening my mood a little.

After a few minutes, the musical sound of her anklets caught my attention and I looked towards the door. Akshita came out wearing a floral sleeveless blouse combined with an off-white floral saree. I forgot to breathe for a moment at the sight of her beauty.

 I forgot to breathe for a moment at the sight of her beauty