41.2 | The Running

Start from the beginning

"Say something," he says holding the mic low enough in front of his son's face.

Joseph grabs onto it with both hands before saying, "It's my birthday!"

"Heyyyy!" Everyone yells with claps like he said something profound making Anthony laugh.

"And what else?" Anthony asks with a smile.

"And I'm four!" Once again they cheer making Anthony chuckle before he takes the mic back. The DJ starts a song and the party kicks off sending little kids running to the different stations and adults catching up with each other.

Anthony makes his rounds around the room talking to people before stopping to talk to his boys. He daps each of them before one of them says, "It's mad that we all have kids now." They look in the distance where they're all playing together.

They all nod in agreement before Leon asks, "When are you going to get a trim, bruv?" He laughs and Anthony only shrugs.

"I can't be bothered with it right now." Leon exchanges a look with KD and Ben because they're the ones around him everyday. To be honest, they think the man has been depressed since Abella left.

"Where's Abella?" A question that way too many people are asking him tonight. He didn't realize so many people had met her. That or they've heard enough about him being with Abella and wanted to meet her tonight.

He tried to reach out to her several times in regards to her great-grandmother's passing to no avail. Now she flipped the script and is ignoring him. From seeing her on Instagram live she looks pretty happy to him.

Before he can answer one of his friends is saying, "What? Natalie threw a tantrum saying she doesn't want her around your son even though she gives him her own party." They've pretty much had separate birthday parties since Joseph turned two.

Anthony decides to go along with it. "Something like that. You know how it is...Plus, Abella's busy. Crazy career," he lies taking a sip from his cup.

As the night goes on he loosens up to have fun. After they cut the cake they open some of the gifts. Anthony stands off to the side as his sister, Janet, helps Joseph open a few of them. He's so spoiled there's no way he'll open them all right now.

"Who's this from? Read it," he hears Janet say while he's deep in his phone.

"Abella! Bell!" Joseph reads with excitement. At the mention of her name Anthony looks over in their direction to see his son who has two gift boxes in front of him. One's medium sized and another so large it's on the floor and almost as big as him.

Anthony furrows his eyebrows wondering when she sent them. "Open them," Janet instructs her nephew pointing at the big royal blue bow on the top. Joseph pulls it to untie it then opens the box. He opens the smaller box next making Anthony lick over his teeth.

"That was nice," Anthony's mother says from beside him.

"Yeah, real nice," he mumbles.

"How has she been? Obviously I haven't talked to her since she left. When is she coming back?" His mother feels bad for her, both of them. One minute they were finally breaking the news about the baby and the next she's having a miscarriage.

His mother and Janet were the ones taking care of her when they got back to London.

"I don't know when she's coming back." Every time someone brings up Abella his energy shifts and they can tell.