#8: The Gotta Bash 'em All Asshole Club

SPOILER WARNING: THIS RANT MAJORLY SPOILS TTTDU. if you plan on reading TTTDU ever, i suggest you don't read this rant

Recently, an account by the name of Gotta Read 'em All Book Club posted a "review" of @Serena-Daniels' story The Things that Define Us. However, it was a really bitchy review that focused more on the cons than the pros (which, according to the critics, were very few) and claimed to be "constructive criticism" when their criticism was actually quite destructive.

What these people don't realize is that there is a fine line between constructive criticism and bashing, but once you're over that line, it's really easy to see. Constructive criticism is supposed to ENCOURAGE the writer to keep writing and to perfect their story, not to drag them down into a writing slump like this review did. If your constructive criticism doesn't construct, then it's not constructive. It's that simple.

And some of the critics didn't even finish reading the book! If a movie critic was told to review a movie, but then left in the middle of it and wrote an extremely biased review of it, he'd be fired! It's common sense that you should finish something you're reviewing and make sure you notice all the major details, such as the fact that it ISN'T FREAKING SILVERxOC. i won't name who said that, but if you think TTTDU is silverxoc, then you really need to reread it.

That's all i have to say on the matter. Now, before you "critics" come to defend your opinions, let me offer some wisdom gleaned from the great Kevin (alias Parogar): If you are entitled to your opinions about that book, then I am also entitled to the opinion that your opinion is a shitty opinion. good day.

why can't i make rants long? this is going to be like half a page. -.-