#6- Cliche Pokemon Fanfictions

Okay. So, in case you were unaware, I absolutely love Pokemon. I wish I could say it was my childhood, but my idiotic parents thought it was Satanic and didn't let me start playing until I was in seventh grade. So I guess it was/is my teenagerhood? Whatever.

I also love reading and writing Pokemon fanfiction. But there are a lot of things I don't like about a lot of Pokemon fanfictions, and that's the stuff that is in pretty much every Pokemon fanfic ever. I'll list as many as I can think of and will probably put out a Part 2 if I think of more.

For those of you participating in the PWAs, please take this as a guide on how to lose immediately. One of the things the judges are looking for is originality, and if your story has any of these things, bear in mind that it's not likely to win.

#1: The MC can talk to Pokemon.

This is probably one of the most common. I swear to Mew, ever since Pokemon Black and White with N being able to communicate with Pokemon, pretty much every MC in a Pokemon fanfic has also had this ability. I mean, yeah, it's pretty cool if your main character can know what their Pokemon are thinking all the time, but seriously, this is getting old.

I do like some instances of this, such as in @Serena-Daniels' fanfic The Things That Define Us, which by the way is probably the most original Pokemon fanfic I've ever read and I will probably reference it a lot in this rant, where her MC Tigerlily is able to communicate telepathically with fire-type Pokemon. That's cool, I like it. But unless you put a spin on it like that, it's really fucking cliche.

#2: Following the plot of the game exactly.

This shouldn't need much description. The least original thing you can do is rewrite the game, except with an OC and a ship or two thrown in. Why not deviate from the original storyline? For example, in an old Pokemon Black and White fanfic I ended up trashing, the group was going to go into the area added in B2W2 chasing after Team Plasma. (You can use that idea if you want, by the way. See @Parogar's hate on "idea theft".)

(and ok i realize i am doing this with oneday, but i never said that fic was original or good. it's just better than some of the other garbage i've posted on this site.)

#3: OC x FUCKING SILVER.

This is probably one of my biggest pet peeves about HGSS fanfics. WHY THE FUCK IS EVERY OC EVER SHIPPED WITH SILVER? I mean, it's cool if you find grouchy redheads hot, but Gold is, in my opinion, far cuter and far more worth it. Again, TTTDU ships OCxGold, another thing that makes it super original. If you want me to delete your fic from my library and throw my chromebook across the room, the best way to do it is to make the ship OCxSilver.

#4: Why is Preciousmetal the only popular Pokemon yaoi?

No, seriously. I feel like my fanfic OneDay is the only Pokemon yaoi other than Preciousmetal fanfics. If you find other yaoi or yuri Pokemon fanfics, I would very much like to see them, because it seems like people on this site only ship Preciousmetal and are completely unaware of the fact that there are other Arceusdamn yaoi pairings.

Ok, that's it for now. But I will be back with more things I dislike about some Pokemon fanfics.