9

CHAPTER NINE

She wanted to kill me. She really wanted to kill me. My heart had stopped. It had seized beating. I couldn't operate on myself and none of the other guys were specialising in the heart. Given that I hadn't even begun that part of my training, we would have been in a bind. I felt it seize and my blood flow froze to, that wasn't a medical condition though. I'm not sure it was possible.

"You're fine Mr Kelly. You heart rate is normally, blood pressure is fine. What was it you say you felt again?" The nurse asked.

"Heart stopped Nurse Becks. I swear it. " I told her staring into her eyes. My heart hadn't been feeling to great since Sunday morning.

"Mr Kelly. You are studying to become a doctor, so I'm sure you know how terrible it would be if you came in here for the fun of it. So I will take you word for it. If you feel it again let me know, maybe don't wait two days before you come in."

"Okay. Thanks."

"Drink lots of water it may help." she called after me as I walsked out of the room and towards the training hall. We met there every second week to be given our schedules.

"What took you so long?" Brant asked from when I came up next to him.

"Check up." I told him.

"Stil not feeling great?" he asked.

"I'm better." I told him.

"She was joking you know." he said.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Sinjen. When she said that stuff about us having a baby." Brant said.

"Yeah I know. Why are you telling me this?" I was truly confused.

"Because you've been off since then." he stated.

"I'm fine. And it has nothing nothing to do with that." It honestly didn't.

"If you say so." he hedged unconvinced. i shook my head and turned to the hospital director as she walked to the front of the room.

"Ladies and gentleman good morning." she greeted receiving murmurs in reply.

"This is the week that we start planning for the Med Brai. It may have word Brai at the end but it is as important as the ball we held last year. This brai is for the social opportunity for you to meet doctors and nurses matching your aspiration. It also puts a face to applications of all those graduating this year. It also allows younger students to connect and contact.

"In other-words you get to impress people in positions that can offer you a place in the future. I urge you not to over look those graduating this year and next, they should be looked to as the future med world. They may rise fast enough for them to have say over whether you get a job you might apply for.

"The purpose as I always say about these things is to get known by and get to know your fellow medicate. You don't all attend classes at the same time with the two hundred a year med class that comes in. So this is your opportunity."

"So why do we open this up to the whole Uni?" someone asked.

"That is a good question. Everyone will need a doctor some day. The people you see walking through every hall way of every section of this campus could be someone some day. We expose them to the importance of medication. Where last years ball was to increase funding for the med program here. This years Braii is to increase awareness of as I have said, the future medics. You don't know who will cross paths with you in your futures so it is better to be recognised than not."

"This year though we will have a branch that will just be medicates, so that the smaller group allows you to see the most crucial people. And then we have a late lunch which is meant to mix and mingle.