Connections

"How difficult would it be for you to get me close to Shanks?" Kid asked.

"I dunno, I'd have to see if pops would be willing to give me his number."

You were in the middle of changing a starter on a car with Killer. He was under the vehicle with you, helping you whenever you were struggling with something.

"Would that be hard? I want to work my way under him."

"What?" You glanced at Killer to see if he was just as confused as you were. His frown told you he most definitely was. "I can't see you working under someone else Kid."

You yelped when Kid grabbed you by the ankle and dragged you out from under the car. He grinned at you, wiping away the bit of grease that covered your cheek with a rag.

"It'll be a learning experience. Trust me, I don't plan on staying under him. I'm going to get to the top of the food chain soon enough."

You giggled. "There's the Kid I know."

"Quit it with the flirting at work." Killer grumbled. "And give her back so she can finish this."

"Fine. Don't get your panties in a bunch."

Kid glanced under the car with a small snarl on his face before returning his attention to you. His sour look melted away immediately when his eyes met yours.

"Just give me one second."

He dipped down to kiss you, making you giggle against his lips. You grabbed his face and flicked your tongue along his lips. He gladly gave you entrance, wresting with you playfully.

"Really? Why can't you two do that at home?" Wire walked past.

"Oh we do." Kid chuckled as he broke away from you. His face was now covered in oil and grease from where you touched him.

"And he started it." You said, scooting back under the car to continue where you left off.

"Whatever..." Killer shined a flashlight back over your work for you as you got back to it. "Let's just get this done."

----

"Hey guys!" You waltzed into the Newgate home, just how pops liked you to.

"(Y/n)!" A chorus of male voices greeted you. The whole crew was here.

They were soon surrounding you, all trying to get a word in. It'd been about a week since the party so it wasn't like they hadn't seen you in forever. Though they may just count a week as forever.

You jumped a little when Thatch stepped closer and sniffed at the air surrounding you.

"What's that smell (Y/n)?" He wrinkled his nose a bit in distaste.

"Oh, probably oil and such. I've been learning how to do some of the mechanical stuff Kid does."

"Really? Way to make yourself into a handy woman yoi~" Marco said with a smile. "Maybe I'll start coming to you with my car problems."

"Or maybe you should just buy a new car." Ace snickered, ducking to avoid a smack on the back of the head from his older brother.

"Is pops around?" You asked, peeking into the living room.

Of course the man you were looking for was in there, passed out in his favorite chair.

"Did you need to talk to him?" Thatch was already halfway over to him, ready to wake him up for you.

"Kinda? But you know what, I think I can get what I want from Luffy."

Upon hearing his name, Luffy lit up. "Whatcha need?"