Old Flame

You'd forgotten poor Abel at home by himself in your rush to leave. You didn't expect things to blow up like that, and now that it was done you were shaking from a mix of anger, pain, and fear. Kid was terrifying without even trying to be and you were stupid enough to get right in his face like you could handle him if he came unhinged.

You felt like a joke. It should've been obvious that you weren't anything important to him, just something to keep him entertained. You wiped a stray tears from your eye. It didn't help that you really felt something for him. It broke your heart.

You pulled up to the Newgate's home. The boys never flaunted or made a big deal of it, but they were hella rich. Their house was more of a mansion, it always made you feel a little sub-par in comparison but you'd never let them know. You parked between Thatch's Jeep and another car you recognized but didn't expect to be here. It belonged to your ex.

You hadn't seen him since you broke up with him and that'd been about six months ago. You almost didn't want to go in to avoid the awkwardness of seeing him again after so long, but you really didn't want to go home and face Kid's inevitable fury. You pulled up your phone to check the time, ignoring the ever growing amount of missed calls from Kid. There was only a few hours until he had to go to work. You could tolerate being under the same roof as your ex for that long.

You got out of the truck and rang the doorbell, immediately kicking yourself mentally over it. Pops told you to treat his home like your own and every time you didn't do just that he always gave you hell about it. The double doors swung open, revealing a very energetic Luffy.

"Guys!" He yelled back into the house. "(Y/n)'s here!"

He practically dragged you into the house by your arm, leading you into the enormous living room. Pops was no where in sight but all of his sons were gathered, along with your ex who's lips turned slightly into a small smile as he looked over the back of the couch at you.

"(Y/n)-ya, what a surprise." Law greeted you before anyone else. "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

You smiled awkwardly back as you took a seat between Marco and Ace, across from Law. "Sure has."

"You okay (n/n)? You look a little tired." Sabo inspected your face.

"Just one of those days Sabo." You waved him away playfully before changing the subject. "So I thought I'd see if you guys needed any help with the party planning, how's that going?"

"We finished up a while ago, yoi." Marco leaned back and wrapped an arm around your shoulders. "We appreciate the offer but I think we can handle it, just show up for it on time."

"Oh, okay." So much for that plan. "When's the day of the big shindig anyway?"

"It's in a couple weeks, I'll text you all the details later." Ace promised. "But just a heads up, this one's going to be a little fancier, pops is going to have some potential business clients coming, so dress up and bring a date."

You groaned and leaned into Marco. He chuckled at you. "What's wrong, not interested in getting dolled up for a day yoi?"

"No, I can deal with that. I don't have a date though."

"What happened to that guy you've been hanging out with?" Thatch asked. "He'd work."

"No." You sighed. "We aren't getting along right now. He's being a pain in my ass."

"I don't have a date either." Law crossed one leg over the other. "I can take you."

You weren't sure about the offer, but you didn't have any other choices, at least any that you'd like. "Sure, we can do that."

"Perfect." He flashed his teeth, giving you the smile you fell in love with when you first got together.

"Well sorry to be a pain (Y/n), Law, but pops wanted to meet up with all of us boys in a bit so we have to head out. I know you just got here an all....." Thatch rubbed the back of his neck.

"Don't worry about it!" You rushed to your feet. "Don't keep him waiting guys!"

A few hugs later, the Newgates all piled into one vehicle and left you and Law standing alone in the driveway. "So (Y/n)-ya, what have you been up to?" He leaned against his car, keys in hand.

"Not much," you joined him against the vehicle. "I moved since Nami didn't want to pay rent, made some new friends I guess. Got a dog. That about sums it up. What about you? Still in school?"

"I'm just about done with it, only have one semester left. And you should've known Nami would pull something like that, that's just how she is."

"Yeah, I was hopeful I guess." You chuckled, allowing yourself to relax in his presence. Right now, he was a nice change of pace.

"Well, I don't have any classes today. Want to go somewhere and catch up? My treat."

You didn't want to go home yet today and if you were going to be his date to the party it wouldn't hurt to take the time to talk with him. Plus you didn't want to be alone with your emotions right now. "Why the hell not?"

He laughed. "You never change (Y/n)-ya."

----

Law pleasantly surprised you with a trip to your favorite bar, the two of you had gone here for more than a few date nights in the past. As the night went on and the drinks went down easier, it became obvious that he still held feelings for you.

That didn't bother you any though. In fact, you enjoyed the attention more than anything. He wasn't afraid to reach over and give you a pat on the leg or linger as his fingers brushed against yours. But most importantly he listened as you complained about how much of a jack ass Kid was without judging you.

"Sounds like one hell of a guy." He leaned an arm on the bar as he commented. There was a slight red hue to his cheeks from the alcohol, but he wasn't nearly as drunk as you.

"I swear I'm done with him." You slurred. "I don't care what Killer says anymore. I don't have to put up with Kid's bullshit."

"Of course (Y/n)-ya." Law looked at his watch. "I think it's time to take you home, let me call a cab and we'll go."

You gasped. "I've left Abel home alone all daaayyyy!"

"Who's Abel?"

"My dog."

"We'll make sure he's taken care of when we get to your place."

"We?" You questioned.

"I have to make sure you actually make it to bed."

"You're as sweet as ever Law." You swore you loved this man in your drunken stupor.

----

Law helped you into your house since you were having a hard time walking by yourself. He set you on the couch as Abel whined and nosed at you. "I'm sorry I was gone all day baby~" you cooed to the animal as you pat him on the head.

Law must have found the kitchen, he came back with a glass of water and gave it to you. "Drink that. I'll take your dog out." You sipped at your glass absentmindedly as he took Abel out back.

In a few minutes, he came bounding back in the house, happy to have gotten his business done, Law followed behind and fell into the couch beside you. His leg rested against yours as he took the now empty glass from your hands and placed it on the coffee table.

"You know." He started with a serious tone. "I never wanted our relationship to end. I still care about you." His face was inching closer to you until you could smell the alcohol on his breath. "I want you, just one more time."

You gulped and slowly nodded. It's not like you and Kid were actually an item. He made that painfully obvious before. With your okay, he pulled you into a gentle kiss that quickly became more passionate. His tongue slipped into your mouth as he cupped your face and pushed you down into the couch cushions. You tugged at the hem of his shirt, wanting to touch and see more of him.

He got the point and pulled up just long enough to remove the top before descending on your mouth once again. "Fuck I've missed you."