Red Lips

"I thought you said you had a dress!" Kid yelled from the living room. He and Killer were watching TV at your place. It now became your guy's hang out place instead of Killer's garage.

"I thought I had one!" You called back. It was Friday morning and you just now decided to see what you could wear to the party tomorrow, only to realize you got rid of all your dresses a few months ago. Now you were panicking because you had nothing to wear.

"I may have thrown out all my dresses a while ago..." You peeked around the corner of the hallway at your boyfriend. He was reclined lazily in your couch, head leaned over the back to scowl at you. "I totally forgot I did that!"

"What kind of girl gets rid of all their dresses? I thought you liked looking pretty and shit."

You frowned at him. "I do! Dresses are just a little inconvenient at times is all. It's fine, I'll go find sometime decent, maybe Nami can help me...."

"Why just something decent? Go get something nice." He looked back at the TV. You almost missed it, but Killer's shoulders shook ever so slightly as he laughed silently.

"I can't afford to spend an arm and a leg, especially on something I'll probably only ever wear once." You were still working at the coffee shop so you had a bit of extra cash, but not for long. You had a little under a week until your last day so you've been penny pinching.

Kid pulled out his wallet and gave you a card from it. "Use that. Get whatever you want, don't worry about prices."

"Kid, you don't have to buy things for me." You tried giving the card back but he ignored you.

"Bullshit I don't. I asked you to quit working, it's obvious I planned on buying shit for you. Don't worry about the money, I have plenty of it." He smirked up at you.

The look would have come across as snobby or pompous to most people, but you've learned it was more him avoiding showing too much real emotion around others. He had a glint in his eyes that told you he was more happy to take care of you than anything else.

"Fine." You rolled your eyes.

"Get yourself some makeup while you're at it."

"What? Why?"

"You hardly have anything. I tried looking for some different lipstick and you have jack shit." Was Kid low key telling you he needed a new tube himself? Probably.

You giggled. "Okay, I've been wanting some new stuff anyway."

"Killer, go with her so no one bothers her."

"Really, dress shopping?" Killer looked at Kid and his mouth twisted into a slight frown.

"Yes, really. I gotta go take care of some business with the crew in an hour and someone needs to go with her."

Killer sighed and nodded.

"Sorry Killer, I promise I'll be quick."

----

You and Killer took his truck and you left your truck's keys for Kid. You asked him why he didn't have his own vehicle at one point, it didn't make sense with him practically drooling over the cars they worked on each night. He was excited when you brought it up, saying that his was currently in one of his other shops, waiting for a couple more parts until he could drive it again.

You'd told Killer that you and him would be meeting up with Nami and Robin at the mall. You hadn't seen Robin in ages and she had a day off work for once. She was a secretary but her boss had her working crazy hours most of the time.