Chapter 7: Bush Trap

It was early the next morning and Y/n was getting a head start on the day. She jumped over B/f/n and they groaned turning over to look at her. "What are you doing? It's early." They whined. "The sun waits for no one." Y/n said. "Go back to bed." B/f/n said. "Nope." Y/n said popping the 'p' at the end.

"See ya, B/f/n." She said to them running off into the tall grass of the Pridelands. As Y/n took in the fresh air of the Pridelands she passed a thorn bush with red flowers with small vines. She heard a cry for help. "Hey!" Y/n perked up her ears at squeak of a voice as she turned to face the voice. "Hello?" She called unsure. "Hey!! Over here!" The voice called.

Y/n ran over to the talking bush and saw a small hole in the of the bush, she looked inside seeing a small brown bird with it wings caught in the vines of the bush. "Oh no, that looks bad.." She said with concern written on her face for the small bird. "My name's Cecil. Nice to meet you." The bird said. "I'm Y/n. And don't mind me asking but...how did you get stuck in there?" Y/n asked.

"Oh yeah that, you see that nest up there?" Cecil asked. Y/n looked up at the tree that was next to bush seeing a hole in the left side of it. "It wasn't strong enough, I've been here since this morning." He said. "Yeesh, how about I help you get out of the bush and help you look for a new tree too." Y/n offered. "Oh yes! That is very kind of you." Cecil said.

"No problem, I'll do anything to help someone. Let's see if I can get to you." Y/n said as she reached in through the hole in the bush towards Cecil. She used her teeth to cut the vines off his wings. "Ow!" She hissed in pain. One of thorns on the bush poked itself into her fur. "Y/n?! Are you okay?" Cecil asked. She nodded. "I'm fine, no worries. Thorns never hurt anyone." Y/n said smiling through the sharp pain from the thorn in her side.

Y/n was able to get the vines out of the way of Cecil's wings so he could fly out the bush. "Brilliant, Y/n! Thank you so much!" He said fly towards the cub who's head was still in the bush. "Yeah, no problem." Y/n said back as she tried to pull herself from bush. "Oh no..." She trailed. "Y/n? What the problem?" Cecil asked. "I'm stuck, Cecil." Y/n said to the bird. "Oh my! Oh, Y/n, I'm so sorry!" Cecil exclaimed.

"It's okay, it's okay, Cecil. It's fine just get help." Y/n said. "That's right, I'll get help. Y/n don't go anywhere." Cecil said. "Um, Cecil...I can't go anywhere." Y/n chuckled. "Right! I'm sorry, going to get help now." He said as he flew off.

Kion was on a patrol with the Guard

Kion was on a patrol with the Guard. Kion was on his own until Fuli rushed over with Cecil. "Fuli? What happened?" He asked walking over to his cheetah friend. "Oh something happened all right, you mind telling him?" Fuli asked Cecil. Kion raised an eyebrow at Cecil. "I'm Cecil and a friend of mine got stuck in a thorn bush after she untangled me from it." Cecil said.

Kion nodded and said. "We'll help you." He smiled. "Fuli, get the rest of the guard. I'll go with Cecil. Meet you there." Kion said. "Right." Fuli said racing off to get the rest of the guard.

*time skip*

"Man, it's lonely in this bush." Y/n mumbled to herself. "What's taking Cecil so long? Maybe he forgot about me. No! Y/n what are you talking about?! Cecil is a nice bird and funny too. He want to get help, he wouldn't just leave you.....would he?" Y/n ranted.

"Ugh, I guess this is my life now..." She uttered. "Ah! There!" That was Cecil's voice. "Y/n?" Y/n jumped a little at Kion's voice calling her name. "Ow! Kion, is that you?" Y/n asked. "Yeah, it's me. Your friend, Cecil came and get me and the rest of the guard." Kion explained.

Y/n sighed out in relief. "Thank the Pridelands, and thank you, Cecil." Y/n said. Kion smiled as the rest of guard ran up to the bush. "Woah, that bush has a lion cub coming out of it." Bunga laughed. "Yeah, yeah, very funny. No time for jokes get me out of this bush." Y/n said.

"Right. Bunga help me." Kion said. "Right behind ya, Kion." Bunga said. Both Kion and Bunga grabbed hold of Y/n and pulled her. "Ow! Ow! Hey! Watch it! Stop!" She exclaimed. "Push me instead." Y/n suggested. "Are you crazy?" Kion asked. "Yes, now just do it." She said. "But what if you get stuck even more?" Kion asked her. "Then don't let that happen." Y/n growled.

"Okay? Lion Guard all paws on deck." Kion said. "Ready?" He asked. The Lion Guard said their collective 'yeses'. "Just get it over with." Y/n grumbled. "Okay, 3...2...1...push!" Kion said. And the Lion Guard pushed Y/n out of the bush but Kion went with her. "Oh no, Kion!" The Lion Guard exclaimed.

Kion was on top of Y/n's back. "Smooth move, Princy." Y/n growled. "Sorry..." Kion said. He got off of her. Y/n got up off the ground looking over at Kion, stifling a laugh. "What?" Kion said smiling at her. "The red flowers got tangled up around you and on you head." She giggled. Kion chuckled. "Like you're the one to talk." Kion said smirking at her.

Y/n laughed. "Oh y/n! You're okay!" Cecil said. He hugged her muzzle with his wings. She giggled. "I'm fine, Cecil." Y/n said. "Thanks, Princy. I owe you again." She said to Kion. "Ah, no. You don't." Kion said to her.

"I do and I will. And you can't change my mind." Y/n said. Cecil perched on Y/n's shoulder. "Y/n, you don't mind if I stick with you from now on?" Cecil asked. "What?! But, I thought we were going to look for a tree for you to live at." Y/n said.

"Yeah, but I changed my mind." Cecil said with smile. Y/n smiled back. "Sure, that's alright with me." She said. "Well, thanks for the save, Princy. See ya around, Kion, Lion Guard." Y/n said leaving with Cecil on her shoulders into the tall grass.