"How much we talking"

"IF we manage to get the money, that's a big IF, we'll need a way to make all that cash legal and that's where you come in. This is why you need to finish school and start a business. Your business is gonna be the excuse for all the money we'll have"

"A big if huh? So there's a chance y'all might not come out of this alive?" I ask for assurance and he nods.

Pops and uncle James are amusing, they really are. One would have thought that they would take a break to rest but that's imprecise. This is exactly why I haven't visited pops at the hospital because he won't listen to me when I'll convince him to let me help. I have no doubt that he will blame me for his injury either.

"And y'all still don't want me to help even though it's too risky. Y'all know you can die right? You know what.... I'mma go for a drive, fuck that nigga" I grumble walking out.

"Arthur, I understand that you love your father and that he's the only person you have. He feels the same way about you or else he would've left you at the club to die. Go visit him sometimes, he's been asking about you"

"He didn't do it out of love, he did it because he ain't had a choice. That nigga called me there and left without telling me where y'all going, just because he doesn't trust me and now he got shot. He's probably going to blame me when I visit him, that's why I'm delaying that shit. All this is stressing me out, I'mma leave" I say and he nods without any complaints.

There's been too much on my mind lately and I don't feel the need to deal with my problems for the time being so I'll pretend I'm fine.

I need to get some things of my chest but the question is who will listen. Most of my homies won't get it and Shenaya will only want some sex. I start my car pulling away without a clue  where I'm going.

~~

Jacob's p.o.v

Food has never looked more unappetizing than it is now. I twirl my fork around the noodles that Miss Alyssa made with so much effort. I struggled getting some of the food down my throat because I really didn't want her to feel underappreciated by my behavior but ended up swallowing only one strand. I stare at the untouched plate full of tossed around noodle strands in front of me sulking like I've been doing for the past week.

I can't even remember the subject my teacher talked about in class today. My mind was in a different world while my body was still in my seat. Mathematics that has never been a problem before, became one so rather than paying attention or doing my homework in class, I asked the teacher to lay down because of a headache, which was the biggest lie of the century.

With a sigh I get up from my chair to throw the food away and wash my plate. It's not going to disappear by staring at it anyways. I quickly do so and wash it before miss Alyssa returns to the kitchen and confronts me about things I don't feel like talking about. After drying the plate in a swift, I hurriedly make my way to the stairs but she stops me before I could take another step.

"Okay, you're going to tell me why you've been moping around the house like you're depressed, because this is so unlike you...... And why would you throw away my delicious lo mein noodles, you could've given that to me!" she says almost startling my soul out of my body.

"I'm sorry that I threw it away. I really tried to eat it but I couldn't. I'm so sorry miss Alyssa. Can you please forgive me?" I plead bringing my hands together making her smile.

"I'm just kidding, it wasn't that serious....Come sit down and have a talk with me Jakey" she tells me pulling me by my hand towards the couch. She caresses my face carefully when we sit down and brush my hair to the back exposing my forehead.

Home Is With You(bxb)✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें