♡1♡

"Mommmm" was the first thing Andy hears as soon as he wakes up, followed by the sound of running. The bursts open revealing two out of three of his children. Ryley and Leo were arguing back and forth, yelling things all at once making it hard for Andy to comprehend anything.

"Both of you calm down" Andy says raising is voice a little making them quiet down immediately. "Now, what's wrong?" He asks with a yawn, he wondered where Rye was but the smell of food cooking answered his question.

"Leo won't give me back my lipstick" Ryley whines, Leo sticking his tongue out at her. "I just wanted to see it" Leo says pouting with puppy dog eyes, the look usually making Andy succumb to him. "Leo please give Ryley back her lipstick" Andy said leaning down to him.

Leo pouted once again but gave it back to her. "Thank you" Andy says kissing his cheek, making him smile. "Now go get ready for school" he says, pushing them out of his room so he could get dressed for work.

"Ah there's my beautiful husband" Rye says as Andy makes his way down the stairs. River gags as Rye pecks Andy on the lips. "Good morning to you too" Andy says sarcastically to River before leaning down to place a kiss on his cheek.

"Mommmm" he whines wiping at his face but Andy knew River loved kisses from him. Andy only patted his cheek making him playfully roll his eyes before going back to his phone, most likely texting Landon.

"Maylee and Chase are outside" Ryley announces, everyone grabbing their backpacks. They had an agreement that Maylee took all the girls to school and Chase took all the boys since they were the only two of the group that could drive. "Bye mom, Bye dad" Ryley says kissing each of them on the cheek, Leo doing the same while River only hugged them. "Bye" Andy says before they all huddled out the door.

"Ready to go?" Rye asked after they both had finished their breakfast. Andy nodded getting up and brushing the crumbs off his shirt. The two of them got into their car and headed to work.

As soon as they stepped foot into the building, they were pulled two different directions. Rye had a two meetings, one already starting, while Andy had stacks of things to sign. Andy sighed as he sat in his office chair, placing on his glasses as he pulled out the first few papers from the stack.

Andy was halfway through his stack when there was a slight knock at his door. Andy didn't look up, only waving for them to come in since his door was glass. "Hi sweetheart" A voice said making Andy smile and look up. Even when Andy was tried and drained, Rye always made him feel better.

"Hi" Andy says back smiling tiredly at him. "You look tired" Rye says as he stands behind him, leaning over and wrapping his arms around his shoulders. "I am" Andy mumbled as he leaned back into him, closing his eyes as he relaxed into his touch.

"How'd the meeting go?" Andy asked opening his eyes and looking up at him. Rye leaned down placing a kiss on his nose before letting him go. He sighed dramatically, flopping down onto Andy's office couch. "That bad huh" Andy asked going back to work on his papers.

"It's the same thing over and over again" he groans closing his eyes. "I wish they'd get a new topic" he adds, opening his eyes when Andy snorts. "Then that'll lead to that topic being brought up every time" he laughs grabbing the last sheet from the large stack. "We can go get lunch in a few minutes" Andy says making Rye sit up with a bright smile on his face.

Lunch time was really the only time they had together while they were working. They thought that because they were working in the same building they'd see each other all the time but they found out quickly that it wasn't the case. The two of them barely saw each other and when they did it was only short talks like these.

For lunch, the two of them decided to go to a small cafe that was just down the street. The cafe rarely ever had many customers which was perfect for Andy and Rye to get their quiet time together. The cafe had a cozy feel to it, cushioned chairs with round tables and fairy lights hanging everywhere.

"Hello Andy, Rye" The friendly lady, Dema, says from behind the counter. Andy and Rye had been there so many times that she knew them by name, not only because they were well known. Andy waved at her while Rye nodded in her direction with a smile. "Your usual?" She asks making the both of them nod.

"Here you go" she says handing them their usual order which was only chicken veggie wraps with fruit juices. They both thank her before digging in. The two of them talked about  their day so far which was really the same thing everyday. Andy took Ryes hand in his as he rubbed his thumb across his wedding ring.

"I wish we had more time together" Andy says sadly continuing to play with the ring. Rye sighed, squeezing his hand. "I do too but we always have time at home" Rye says but he also knew they didn't have much time at home.

They were always tired when they got home from school then having to break apart arguments between their children, not frequently but many times, homework help and much more. "You know that's not true" Andy said to which Rye nodded to. "Yeah I know but hey we got right now so let's enjoy it" Rye says trying to lighten the mood.

Andy smiled at him nodding as he began to eat again. They started up a new conversation about anything they could think of, wanting to spend as much time together and not worry about how much time they had left until they had to go back to the life draining place.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
I just want you to know, feelings are disgusting