Chapter 10

Two years. It's been two years since he left you. He let you down and broke your heart. You couldn't live without him, you really couldn't. After one week your mother noticed that something was wrong because you didn't pick up the phone so one of the boys called her because they couldn't reach you too. She figured you weren't alright so she made her way to your apartment and took care of you. She slowly brought you back to life and helped you to get through the pain. She knew he was the one for you and that you wanted to spend your whole life with him. She was very worried you wouldn't make it but she did her best. After half a year you were able to live on your own again. She was still worried but you promised her to text her every day and call every week. You couldn't bear to get back to your old job even though photography was your true passion. But when he ripped out your heart he also took your creativity away. You were still not over how you could be so wrong about a person. You truly believed that he was the love of your life. Well, you were wrong and you were trying to recover from the pain. After two years the wounds in your heart weren't bleeding anymore but the scars still hurt. You've accepted a new job where you worked in the office. You didn't really like it but at least you didn't have to face the world.
Your boss called you and told you to pick up a package from the airport in the evening and bring it to work tomorrow. You agreed, but after you hung up you groaned. You just wanted to stay in bed and keep watching your show. And you didn't like airports. They mean parting and loss to you. You quickly got ready only putting comfortable clothes on and rushed to the airport. You got the package from a counter and then headed to the exit, your head directed towards the floor. Suddenly you crashed into someone which made the package drop on the floor. "Oh, I'm sorry", you apologised and grabbed the package, "I wasn't watching my way." You looked up and stared into the same sad and cold eyes from two years ago. His face was half covered with a black mask but you would always recognise those dark eyes. You gasped and you felt how your heart clenched. "Y/N", he breathed and a small spark aroused in his eyes. Hearing him saying your name was more painful than you thought. You longed for him but he hurt you so much you couldn't bear the sight of him. You shook your head and turned around to run away. He was quicker though. He grabbed your wrist and pulled you back. "Listen, Y/N", he said but you didn't. "No, no", you said quietly and tears streamed down your face. You couldn't control yourself anymore and he did the only right thing. He pulled you into his tight embrace and stroked your hair to reassure you. You knew you were in public but you couldn't hold it back. "You gave me so much pain", you sobbed desperately. "I know, I know", he whispered and you could sense that he regretted everything, "I want to explain."
Time skip
After you've calmed down a bit you took him home with you so you could talk in peace. You made yourself a cup of tea and sat down with him. He looked at you and you noticed the worry and despair in his eyes. How much he has missed you. "I-I don't know if you'll ever be able to forgive me..", he searched for words, "it was the company. They forced me to break up with you because they said you are distracting me too much." A small moment of silence. "I thought the best is that I just lie to you and be the dickhead so you can get over me easily", he said quietly. The tears started falling down your cheeks again. "You idiot", you whispered hurt and angry at him. He hesitated for a while but then he got up and came over to you. He gently wiped your tears away and looked into your eyes. "I am sorry", he said and his voice cracked, "I know it will be hard for you but can we go back to how we used to be?"