Other Classes

On the day the special exam was first announced, the three other classes began thinking and preparing strategies for the exam.

-Class C-

After the events of our first year, we've managed to somewhat unite the class together.

After telling Ryuuen what Ayanokouji told me, Ryuuen started to change a bit. He seems to be a bit softer with his dictatorship than before and his plans have been more intelligent and grander. He seems to be improving every step, at least that's what I've managed to tell based on my deductions.

So on the morning on our first day back to school, I didn't realise we had a special exam straight away.

"So the two random students are Ibuki and Albert," The teacher said.

With no hesitation Ryuuen told them to accept straight away and to be honest I was a bit confused. Ryuuen is an enigma and a force to be reckoned with and his intelligence is no laughing matter, but why those two?

This special exam undertakes in a virtual program so strength doesn't matter that much unless I'm wrong, I conclude. Ibuki and Albert aren't really team players as well the only form of daily cooperation they do is with Ryuuen but that's just being ordered around a bunch.

The best way to do this would be to have the random students say no until it reaches one of our students that is intelligent-based. Someone like Kaneda for example. That way we have a strong line up of people in our class to win the special exam.

But this? They aren't even remotely good at academics. I had to tutor them for some exams we had and I can definitely tell they only do well enough to pass.

"And I would now like to have two students volunteer to join as well," The teacher spoke.

"Of course, I'll be joining as well," Ryuuen said.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to join as well," I say.

I have to watch over Ryuuen, his existence is vital to beat class A but sometimes he needs to be kept in check.

-Class B-

Our class was brutally slaughtered from Class C. I had failed everyone in the class. They trusted me to work together as a time and guide us to victory and look at what happened. I betrayed their hopes and expectations they have casted on me.

So that's why at the start of homeroom I bowed down and apologised to everyone.

"I'm sorry everyone," I said.

They looked at me with a smile on their faces and they told me 'not to worry about it' and that 'we can do this as a class'. Really, they've been so kind to me all this time but... that unsatisfied hole in my heart has started appearing recently.

The plan I had thought in my head was to take a week off, taking a breather and adjusting to the school but of course that didn't happen, we have our first special exam as 2nd years.

Judging by the rules for the exam, violence will of course be involved. To be honest I didn't want that, I just want a happy, friendly and idealistic competition between classes. I want to be friends with everyone I meet. Is it so wrong to think that way?

"The two random students are Amikura and Shibata," Our teacher exclaimed.

They of course said yes. The environment our class has is quite a positive, friendly and supportive atmosphere so why would they say no?

That unsatisfied hole whispered "They're a liability, it's useless you should have used better students,"

"And the two recommended students?" My teacher asked.

"I'll join of course," Kanzaki said with a friendly laugh.

Everybody turned to look at me.

I could feel their expectations rising higher and higher and placing it upon me. Will I be able to achieve it? Will I fail? Though, as the leader of class B, do I really have any other choice?

"Sure!," I said with a smile.

I really hope I don't become a burden to the class.

-Class A-

With the new special exams being announced we, Class A, are always ready for whatever challenges we may face.

I stared at the teacher with a smile on my face not really caring what he was saying, instead, I was daydreaming back to my match with Ayanokouji. That intense and exciting match was frankly one of the best days of my life.

I didn't really care about the exams because I promised to work with Ayanokouji and it would be a hindrance trying to explain to everyone what our 'relationship' is.

"The two randomly chosen students are Katsuragi and Hashimoto," The teacher explained.

We are the elite so it doesn't really matter who is randomly chosen. But I find it a bit funny that the two people with the most questionable loyalty towards our class got chosen.

I know that Yukimura approached Katsuragi to cooperate with their class and betray our class.

I know that Hashimoto only picks the side that benefits him the most.

It's laughable really that they think they can go against me.

"Now can I have the two volunteers?" He asked.

I didn't really care because this wouldn't affect me. But while I was daydreaming I forgot to notice a key element that comes into play: virtual reality.

Of course Kamuro nudged me over and told me that I could probably participate and with my eyes alone I told her to join and she complied.

Ah virtual reality... Since it is all digital and not in the real world, my illness would not be affected and I could theoretically join and enjoy the fake experience of being normal and walking with no cane.

It would be a dream come true.

I could join. But that would mean cooperating with Ayanokouji will be more difficult as I would have to juggle the responsibilities of the class, the special exam and Ayanokouji.

But just for this once, I will join and experience the joy of being normal.

We are Class A, the elite of all classes and we will not lose to anyone as we are the best.