"Yo baby?" I said.

"Yes, Kareem. We been dating for a little over two months now." She said, cheesing all hard.

"Bitch..why didn't you tell us sooner?" Kyler said, smiling just as hard as Karma.

"I just had to make sure things were real before I started bragging on him." She confessed, causing me to nod in understanding.

I was happy for her as well. Karma was real fragile and kind of closed off when we first met her. I mean I wasn't expecting her to get comfortable around both of us off rip but she still took a little while. I could tell she was one of those people that was closed off because she had been through a lot, but then again I wasn't sure. She doesn't talk about her past much and I don't like to pry, so I just left it alone.

But to hear that she was dating someone was a delight. I thought it would be good for her.

"I get that." Kyler said.

"I lowkey wanted to ask him to come on this trip, but I think it's a little too soon for us to be on our baecation status, you know what I mean?" She vented.

"Yeah. I know one thing, I do wish Speedy was here."  I said, pouting.

"Bitch bye cause you didn't even want him for real, you really just miss the dick. I don't know why you kept playing with that boy's emotions." Kyler said, putting me on blast.

"That's what the hell I be saying! She used to do him so wrong and he would always come back to her evil ass. So in a way, he kind up set him self up for all the disappointment." Karma chimed in.

They were really dragging me right now. I do feel like Karma was right though because as I stated before, I told him! I don't think I did anything wrong to be honest.

"Listen I thought I liked him, but I really just liked what he had in his pants. I mean don't get me wrong, Speedy was cool and all but I couldn't see us being more than friends...well- sex friends I guess."

"I guess I can see where you're coming from. You was just dicknotized. Hypnotized by the dick." Karma said, causing us to bust out laughing. Again, she was right. "So you gone wait for him while he in jail?"

"Yikes. I don't know about that one chief." There wasn't nothing to wait on, whatever we had was done the minute they slapped those handcuffs on his wrist. "I love my hood niggas to death, but I can and will not fuck with no jailbird, that's not cute. That's messy and a bad look for me. I do believe Speedy was a good dude, but he's just not my type."

"And what is your type? A nigga that's seven feet tall with nappy hair and obviously skips leg day?" Kyler questioned, causing me to roll my eyes.

She still wasn't a fan of what he did to me and I don't blame her, cause that's what friends are supposed to do. If I hate him, you hate his ass too.

"Nah, ain't nobody worried about his ass. Him and his lil chicken nugget face ass bitch." I said, rolling my eyes.

Karma gave me a knowing look. "All that hostility, but you was just basically drooling over the nigga at the beach. Them damn sunglasses you had on wasn't that dark baby, you ain't slick."

"Listen hoe you gone stop calling me out!" I said, turning into the Walmart parking lot.

We chatted a little bit more as we did our shopping. We were making oven baked turkey wings with a side of crawfish gumbo, sautéed asparagus, loaded mashed potatoes, and some cornbread. For dessert I was making some banana pudding. We also grabbed a couple of bottles of wine to top everything off.

After we checked out and went back to the hotel, we decided to make dinner in Kyler and Mace's room since they had the couples suite. It was way bigger than my room. They were almost built the same except theirs had a living room area, a dining room, a kitchen. Their room was damn near the size of a studio apartment.