Chapter 2 of the sequel! *For a Mature Audience

Hi everyone! This is probably the last chapter I will be posting on Wattpad.  I've started the editing process and am looking forward to sharing the story with you when it is complete.  Please remember to follow me on twitter @sarahwhitewrite or facebook for news about the sequel. Here is the second unedited chapter of Rookie Playing for Keeps! Enjoy!

One Year Ago

January 2013

            The quick beeps of a setting car alarm had made my heart pound. Jackson had assured me that this was going to go smoothly, but I still had my doubts. It was one thing to bring someone new to a dinner at my father’s house; it was another to bring the man that had stolen my heart away from their dream spouse for me.  He’d already asked them for my hand in marriage, but I was there for the harsh words that had been spoken between Ben and Jackson and it was hard to imagine that anything could have smoothed over those hard feelings. 

            Caleb tapped on the window of Jackson’s big truck and I rolled it down so that I could hear him. “Come on sis, let’s get inside and get this thing started. I have somewhere I want to be.” He patted the side of the truck and rolled his eyes as if I had kept him waiting for hours already.

            “I’ve been trying to tell her,” Jackson shouts out at Caleb and I gave both of them my angriest face. Since when had they become allies? When my eyes landed back on Jackson, his lips curled up in that amazing smile that had me practically melting beside him. He reached across the seat and squeezed my hand; leaning and pressing a soft chaste kiss to my cheek. It didn’t stop my heart from pounding and my desire to kiss him from springing to life even though that was clearly not his intention.

            “Caleb is a gentle puppy compared to what Ben can dish out. You have no idea what we are walking into.” I bit my lip and swallowed down a million butterflies that took flight in my stomach at the thought of sharing a table with the two men that loved me so fiercely they no doubt were capable of coming to blows over it. 

            “I’m not afraid of your brother, Rookie. We’re cool. Let’s go inside and sit down with your family. I’ve earned it,” He moved to kiss me, this time softly on my lips and I felt myself grow warm under the heat of the innocent kiss,  “You’ve earned it.” His lips left mine for minute as he spoke but then quickly joined again. The scratchy feeling of his jaw against my soft skin sent shivers down my back that I know he didn’t miss.

            “Gesh you two. For fucks sake, are you trying to stir Ben up? Let the poor guy get used to you holding hands before he has to endure the sucking face.” Caleb joked, adding a few gags for our entertainment.

            “Ok, ok,” I say through giggles, but Jackson added a few more pecks and a sly swipe of his tongue before moving away from me. My cheeks were flush and I felt warm all the way to my core. As he jumped down from his seat and made his way around to open my door I fanned myself quickly, hoping to tone down the whole ‘guess who wants to jump their boyfriend’ look. I could tell immediately by Jackson’s face I hadn’t succeeded.

            I’d worn my jeans and a dressy button up shirt, but I pulled my hair back off of my face and only wore a small amount of make-up.  I knew this could get a little intense and I didn’t want to have make-up streaming down my cheeks. Jackson had also dressed up a bit for dinner. He wore a pair of dark, slim fitting jeans that hugged his firm butt and strong thighs. If they could sell sex in the department store, it would come dressed in those jeans. His snug fitting polo shirt hugged his chest in all the right places and I was beginning to wonder if perhaps we should have worked out our nerves a little back at my place before coming there. I watched him take me in as I slid from the high seat and knew just from the small curve of his lips and the hungry way he was looking at me that he was thinking the same thing.