Rookie in Love [Chapter Seventeen]

*******FOR A MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY************************************

Chapter Seventeen

            My hand is surrounded by the warmth of Jackson’s as he walks beside me through the Las Vegas airport.  Abby and Kyle walk in front of us as we exit into the brisk winter weather in the desert.  We find a taxi and it is the first time that Jackson lets my hand go since the airplane.  Our taxi is a small four-door, so he lets me go so that Abby and Kyle can stay together in the back. 

            At our hotel, once we unload our bags from the trunk, he puts his hand out for mine and I give it up easily.  Abby checks us in and then we all ride the elevator up to the floor that Jackson and I will be staying on.  Abby and Kyle splurged for the honeymoon suite and will stay on the elevator for a few more floors.  When the doors open on our floor, Abby hands us one room key and then waves goodbye with just her fingers. 

            “Abby, where is the other key?” I ask as the doors begin to close.

            “Sorry, Love, we only got two rooms.  See you downstairs in an hour.  Wear the dress I’m having sent to your room.”  With that, the doors slam closed and Jackson and I are left staring at the elevator with the key to a room we are apparently sharing.  These next twenty-four hours are going to be real interesting.

            Jackson grabs my bags and starts heading to our room.  He opens the door to a beautiful suite that overlooks the strip.  There is a small living area and a bedroom, which houses a sunken in Jacuzzi tub.  It also only has one bed—a large four post king-sized bed.  Jackson chuckles and then says, “I can sleep on the couch, Rookie.”  Putting our bags down, Jackson comes to stand right before me.

            “Even through all of the shit that has happened in the last few weeks, you are still so beautiful.”  He tucks my hair behind my ear and then grabs my waist and pulls me close to him.  I tip my head up and let my mouth meet his.  It feels so good to be with him again I get lost in the moment.

            Jackson backs me up until my calves are resting against the bed and then he lifts me up onto the bed and I slide back, inviting him to climb on too.  His mouth trails kisses down my neck and I wrap my legs around him as he lays his body on mine.  I can feel his need as mine builds and I finally feel relief from the heaviness of the sorrow I have been carrying. 

            It takes a few seconds to become aware of a knock at the door, and Jackson curses and jumps off of me, breathing in deep breaths.  I am in better shape to answer the knock, so I open the door to find a hotel attendant with two garment bags.  I can see that my flushed face and heavy breathing is giving me away but always the professional, he pretends not to notice as he carries in the items.

            Abby has picked out a very short, black sequined cocktail dress with thin straps for me to wear.  She has also sent up an amazing pair of black heels.  Jackson’s bag holds a tux and I am very impressed with how quickly her and Kyle have put this together.  I take my dress into the bathroom so I can get changed and put on some make up.  Jackson follows me into the bathroom and puts his small toiletries bag down next to mine. 

            I put my make-up on next to Jackson as he lathers his face and shaves.  It feels so domesticated and comfortable it is almost easy to forget we are not together.   When Jackson leaves the bathroom to get dressed, I lock the door and slink the beautiful dress up over body.  It fits like a glove.  I have brought a few bobby pins so I twist some of my hair up and let the rest of it fall down my back.  I take a few minutes to apply some lip gloss and a little perfume before stepping back out into our room.