VEGAS (Jackson's Point of View)

Thank you everyone for reading my story!  Rookie in Love is now available for pre-order on Amazon!  I would greatly appreciate you purchasing it and leaving a review.  I have shared my stories for free with you, but now it’s time to show Harlequin and other readers you support my work.  Thank you again for all of your comments and votes on this story!  You have all made this such an amazing experience. 

http://www.amazon.com/Rookie-Love-Adult-Sarah-White-ebook/dp/B00JTPTZZI

VEGAS

Jackson’s Point of View

            I hold her small hand in mine as we step off of the plane in Las Vegas.  I’m not letting it go until I absolutely have to.  Right now she’s my lifeline in this horrible ocean of heartache.  I watch Abby and Kyle walk in front of us and as happy as I am for them, I’m also so envious of their love for each other.  I’ve been telling Maddy that Kyle will make the right decision for them and by all means he really pulled through. 

            When the glass doors of the airport slide open, I can see that we’re going to be forced into a small taxi.  I wish for a minute I could use my connections to get us into something bigger where I won’t have to let her go.  Reluctantly I release her hand and open the back door for them to climb in.  I’m sure she can see that I’m struggling to let her be away from my side. 

            The entire ride to the hotel I’m thinking about how I’m going to be able to convince her to be with me.  I promised I would respect her wishes, but I never said I wouldn’t try to change her perspective.  When we pull up to the hotel I practically jump from my seat, quickly unloading our bags so I can offer her my hand again.  Abby and Kyle pretend not to notice and I am grateful that Maddy willing slips her hand into mine. 

            Abby checks us in and then we hit the elevator for a quick ride up to our rooms.  Kyle gives me a knowing look as we all stand in the lavish elevator as it climbs higher and higher in the hotel.  I know that Abby and Kyle are headed for the Honeymoon Suite and I pray that he kept his promise to ensure I get to spend as much time with Maddy as possible.  When the doors open, Abby hands me the key and then waves a small goodbye. 

            “Abby, where is the other key?” Maddy asks and Kyle looks to me with a very small nod.  I nod my head in return as a thank you to the favor he just paid me. 

            “Sorry, Love, we only got two rooms.  See you downstairs in an hour.  Wear the dress I’m having sent to your room.” The time begins ticking on the small window I have to convince Maddy she’s making a huge mistake walking away from us. 

            I grab our bags and head to the room.  I open the door to an amazing room overlooking the strip.  When I see the surprised look on her face I chuckle, “I can sleep on the couch, Rookie.”  I put our bags down and pray she doesn’t take me up on that offer. 

            “Even through all of the shit that has happened in the last few weeks, you’re still so beautiful.”  I tuck a few stray strands of hair behind her ear and let my hands rest slowly on her hips before pulling her close to me.  She tips her head back to meet my mouth with hers.  I’m instantly lost in the rush of being in love with her. 

            I guide her back a few steps until her calves reach the bed and then lift her up and onto it.  She slides further up with a deep longing in her eyes that tells me that it’s an invitation to climb on too.  I don’t know where I want to kiss her first.  I let my mouth press kisses on her neck as she wraps her legs around me.  The world around us falls away as we press against each other, kiss and touching like it’s been years since we’ve been able to touch each other.