twenty-two - action

I ran and ran and eventually got to the other side of the building

I ran and ran and eventually got to the other side of the building. I also went down quite a ton of levels so it'll take the others a while to find me. I don't need them trying to stop me.

I turned a corner and paused when I noticed about five men all standing ready for me to jump at them.

"Fellas." I nodded and cocked my head to the side.

They smiled, thinking they have me outnumbered. I mean I am but with my powers I have a huge one up.

I started running and pushed my foot on the right wall and boosted myself towards them. I threw a punch right in the first guys as I landed. He fell back and ice started crawling up the walls. Are you kidding me?

A man with an ugly haircut opened his hand and created a sharp blade of ice. "Hey that's my move." I complained and he lunged at me. I grabbed his arm and made an ice go up his arms but he stood his ground due to the resistance he got from taking the serum. These men have a resistance like me from the cold so I can't rely on my ice to get me out of this.

No biggie. I moved my hand to his throat to put distance between us then I brought up my knee right to his crotch. He dropped his blade of ice and fell to the ground in pain. The other three realized he no longer had me and started throwing forms of ice towards me.

I put out my hand and stopped them mid air. They all froze. "Uh-huh, I bet you can't do everything I can do."

I moved my fingers and turned the ice into tiny bits and threw it back towards them. Two of them fell to the ground. One man remained looking clueless on what to do.

I let out a yell as I lunged towards him and brought my legs around his stomach and flung him around before moving my body to his back and pushing him to the ground.

He groaned as I took out the butt of my gun and knocked him out. There all finished. I clapped my hands together before starting to run again. I remember where the main area when he was trying to change me into his little monster. I'm so close.

                                 •   •   •

My frantic footsteps filled the static air as I searched corridor after corridor. I kept cursing under my breath, a faint shimmering frost escaped my lips. Blood caked and cracked around my knuckles as I wiped a thin layer of sweat above my brows with the back of my hand.

I came into a big room, an elevator shaft was at the other side but the moment I step into the open I could be spotted. I want to avoid an unnecessary death but I know Phillip wants me alive for my blood. Unless he got enough then everyone will definitely be trying to kill me.

A sudden gunshot rang throughout the facility,. I broke into a dead sprint and raced after the origin of the noise hoping it was him. Most people run away from gunshots not towards them.