20: Final Straw

I Huff as I finish throwing my things into my bag. I was getting frustrated over everything now. Even when papa isn't answering his phone.
"I'm here!!! Papa is here my dear Moriko! What's wrong? Why are yo-"
"Can Aki and Reo come with me to Heavens Arena?" I interupt quickly. I hear him sigh.

"No. I'm sorry pumpkin but they are training right now." He answers and I pout.

"Please?! I don't want to go alone. I-I think Leo h-hates me." I stutter and start fake crying.

"I said no and I mean no. You will be okay Moriko you are a Hunter now its time you grow up and stop relying on the twins so much." He tells me and I feel my heart drop.

"B-but without them..."

"Okay how about in a months time they will go to where ever you are at that time. Deal?" He asks with an exasperated sigh.

"DEAL! You better keep your promise. Now can I talk to them?"

"Of course. Boys! Moriko is on the phone!" I hear dad yell and I couldn't help but jump and down in joy. Its only been a short time but I miss them. I really do.

"Moriko!" I hear them both yell in excitement and I giggle.

"Hi Aki. Hi Reo. Hows training going?" I ask, a huge smile forming on my face and all my worries seem to be forgotten once I heard their voices. Thats right they will always be here for me.

"Ugh."

"Honestly training isn't that hard. Dad is just kinda annoying Reo."

"Its not my fault I finish faster than what I'm supposed to!" Reo yells and I giggle.

"How are you Moriko? Is Leo being nice?"

"Well um... he was then something happened and now I think he hates me, so I'll be finishing my journey by myself."
"What happened? Did he hurt you? I'll kill him." They growl in unison and I chuckle a little.
"It's a long story but I promise he didn't hurt me. It would just be awkward that's all."
"Boys say goodbye to Morikio, and start running up this mountain!" I hear father yell.
"Um.. we gotta go Mori, stay safe. Please don't kill anyone." Aki says.
"I promise. Ill see you guys soon." I tell them before hanging up. I let out a sigh as I tie my bag and throw it over my shoulder. I guess I can find a train station somewhere and ask where Heavens Arena is. I turn around and walk out of the room, leaving nothing behind.
"So your really leaving? Aren't you going to ask Leo to join?"Miasaki asks appearing out of no where.
"Yep and nope. Leo can pout all he wants but I can't wait any longer. I need to get stronger and meet up with my friends again."
"Who are your friends? Tell me about them." Miasaki says as we walk.
"Well there is Leorio. He's a money grubber. Wants to be a doctor and have lots of money. It all he really thinks about but he's a good guy. Honestly. Then there is Kurapika. He's revengeful. His family got slaughtered and he wants to kill those who did it.i don't agree with it but I can see he will do anything for his friends. Next is Gon. He's really sweet and kind and innocent. He believes in his friends and will do anything to save them, and stay by their side. He became a hunter so he could find his dad, who is also a hunter. Last is Killua. He's a Zoldyk. He's reminds of a cat. He and Gon are alike though Killua has blood stained hands." I tell her excitedly. She giggles.
"They sound really cool. Any favorites?"
"Gon and Killua." I reply instantly. Then we just kept talking. Taking our time to get out of the village. I actually got to know more about her too. Miasaki didn't grow up here in Luska Village. She was adopted at the age of five after her parents left her alone on the streets, so she grew up with Leo and his brother. The stories she told of them were exciting and funny. It makes me wonder how Liam became so jealous from the sounds of her stories he used to follow Leo around a lot. There's a lot going on behind the scenes and I can't help but feel excited on what's to come.

Meanwhile back in the dungeon:TPOV
Leo is sitting in front of his brothers cell yet again. Confusion and anger coursing through his veins. He couldn't believe his brother would do such things. He didn't want to believe it. He just got out of the hell hole he was in. Now not only did he bring Moriko, a girl he doesn't really know, back with him, but his own brother betrays him. Yet here he sits wondering why he feels so guilty in blaming the her for said betrayal. Moriko looks innocent but even he knows that she can kill faster than the eye can see when she gets angry enough.
"Why are you so against me being the evil brother?" Liam asks annoyed at his idiotic brother. Liam is jealous and always will be. Of course he hasn't always felt this way, but once he realized that Leo wasnt as smart as him things changed. Liam know the price for betrayal. He will no doubt be banished or sentenced to death. However he couldn't care less about himself dying as long as he takes his brother with. Yes Leo is stupid but it still wasn't fair that Leo got everything handed to him. He was even lucky enough to meet the girl who he's heard so much about from their father. A girl who was supposed to be dead and yet Leo still didn't realize who Moriko really is. Liam's fists clench in anger at how easy it was for Leo to befriend her. He wanted her to be by his side and not Leo's.
"Your my little brother. I can't believe you would try and kill me without being tricked." Leo mumbles sadly and Liam sighs.
"You are such a moron Leo. Just snap out of your stupidity or I will kill you." Liam warns and Leo ignores the warning. This cause Liam to get pissed off and that is when he decided to throw is ninja star at his brothers head. Leo dodges quite easily and glares at Liam. But before he could say a thing Dale walks into the room. Miasaki coming in right behind him. She gives Leo a disappointed look before shaking her head and going back to smiling.
"I have decided that it's best to banish you Liam. Leo don't say a word. I know he is at fault. Moriko can make people say the truth and don't question me either. Snap out of your stupidity and realize that Liam just wants what you have. I didn't want to do this but you leave me no choice Leo. Miasaki please show my idiot son his brothers memories." Dale orders as he rubs his nose and lets out a sigh. Miasakis smile widens into a grin.
"Sure thing sir. We will be back in a jiffy." She says before quickly grabbing Leo's arm. Both their eyes go hazy as well as Liams. That is how Dale knew they were now in Liam's memory. Watching everything from his brothers point of view will hopefully open his stupid sons eyes.
"What a hassle." Dale mutters before sitting in a chair and waiting for them to come back. This was the final straw that made him decide to use Miasakis gift and prove to him that Moriko isn't the one at fault. No the final straw was when he was told that Moriko left and he knew that once she left people will start coming after her. She is the last of that family after all. Too bad he couldn't tell her of her past. But he will be here if she ever has question. Until then he wants Leo to be by her side and protect her at least until she's with her friends again.
"What a pain." He mutters as he closes his eyes and falls a sleep. Their going to be a while anyways. A slight smile on his lips and one last thought passes his mind.
She's okay. After all these years she's alive. For now.