Chapter Twenty: The Trial

Grace walked back upstairs to find the suite but eventually found herself lost. She attempted to trace her steps but ran straight into someone's chest. It was a man who looked to be in his early 30's. He had a chocolate beard and even darker hair reaching his shoulders. With a tall and muscular build he was incredibly attractive. 

"I'm so sorry. I'm a little lost and a little drunk." 

The man looked down at Grace. 

"Yes it is rather easy to lose yourself in a place like this. Can I be of any assistance?"

"Please. Could you show me where the Alderidge family is staying?" 

The man held out his arm and Grace happily took it. Grace explained everything that had happened that night with Oliver and how mad she was. They walked along the halls and when they approached the suite. He picked up Grace's hand and laid a simple kiss on it. 

"Thank you for your company Grace, I'll be seeing you soon."

When Grace realised she never told the man her name, she turned but he was gone. 

The next morning, Grace slept in for a little too long so she was rushing around getting ready for the trial. She wore a black pantsuit with a matching blazer and a white button down shirt. She paired it with simple black low heels and straightened her hair. She was also nursing a slight hangover. Everyone was waiting for Grace in the sitting room. She tried not to look at Oliver but couldn't help but notice how great he looked in a suit. He attempted to walk toward her but she shook her head. 

Alfred led the group in the walk downstairs. There was a round amphitheatre made out of gorgeous sandstone and the pews were beautifully polished wood. All the seats looked down to a stunning gold throne and there were two chairs either side of the throne. Alfred led the group to the front row then walked onto the floor and took the seat on the right of the throne. Slowly more people arrived and the room filled up. Once the room was filled up and the four smaller chairs had been filled. Jordan appeared in chains. He looked at Grace and winked. 

Then a hush fell over everyone. Grace looked around for the angel. She was picturing long wings and a older man wearing a white robe. In walked the man that helped Grace last night. The entire room went down on one knee and Willow yanked Grace down as well. Grace couldn't believe that he was an angel. He was obviously beautiful but definitely not what she had imagined. 

He sat on the golden throne and every rose once he sat down. He spoke gently but his voice carried obvious power and boomed throughout the space. 

"Today we are here to bring judgement to Jordan Allen in the crimes he has committed against the Alderidge family and the laws he has broken."

Willow grasped Grace's hand and she was grateful for a little bit of support. Jordan walked toward Ezekiel and he drew a bowl filled with water and Jordan shuddered when it touched his skin. Then Jordan began speaking. 

"I was forced to watch my mate and child die. Think about how you would all feel if you had to watch your 4 year old boy get ripped apart by wolves, for something he couldn't control. Imagine watching your mate plead for them to kill her instead of him. Imagine watching her get ripped to pieces. They were innocent in the entire situation but because the people who committed these disgusting acts were your precious Alderidge family they faced no repercussions. Then when I reported this crime what happened? I was told there was nothing we could do." 

Grace was surprised to feel a wave of pity toward Jordan. 

"So I came to the council, asking the great angel and all the witches to bring back my wife and son but was refused. Then a witch told me a way to bring them back. It was black magic but I knew it needed to be done. My daughter looked so much like my son that I couldn't think of harming her, so I decided to steal her magic. This worked in reviving my wife but only for a short time. Nature required balance so she got sick. I knew I needed more power so I made a baby with another witch. I thought with two magical parents the baby would have more power than a baby with one human parent and one supernatural. All I wanted was justice for my wife and child and to bring them back."