The Conference

**So since it's been a while, the story is going to start up a few days after the initial news that the Southern Rebels are going to attack** ***And I'm also going to be following more closely to The Heir ((aka there is going to be two children (((if this story ever gets far enough for them to be born))) and if they are born, their names will be Eadlyn and Ahren)) *** ****Sorry if this is bad, I didn't have time to edit!****

"So what your saying is, there is no way to track them?" Maxon asks, dragging a hand down his face.

"Essentially, considering they've learned pretty much everything about the palace and how it's run the last time they broke in," Aspen, our now head guard said. I shudder at the memory of the time the Rebels broke in, the last day of the Selection, when they disguised themselves in guard uniforms and ambushed the palace, killing the late King and Queen, along with numerous guests and Celeste, a friend of mine who also competed in the Selection. I absently rub my belly. There's no bump there yet, but there is something stirring.

"We have to leave, find somewhere safe to go," Maxon says.

"Maxon, you know we can't do that," I say. "They will just find us no matter where we go and if we run from our problems how will that make us look?"

"You're right, you're right, but our family, America"

"But our people, Maxon. We aren't just parents, we are also the leaders of this nation, we have to act like it," I say. I know it's been stressful for Maxon lately with the news of my pregnancy and also the reformation of the Southern Rebels. But... "Maybe we can negotiate with them."

"Negotiate?" Maxon asks.

"Yes, we have to invite them to speak with us. Give them an audience and a chance to let their words be spoken," I say.

"That's not a bad idea," Aspen says, "but it would have to be heavily guarded, which is understandable."

I can tell Maxon is not overly fond of the idea of meeting the people that want to end our family, but what other choice do we have?

Maxon nods his head, "fine, send word to the leader of the Southern Rebels that we wish to speak under the strict condition that it will be a peacful meeting."

Peaceful. We can only hope.