Tea, Music, and Laughter Part One

The week Nicolleta visited was filled with tea, music, and laughter. Of course Nicolleta knew something was up the minute she walked through the palace doors. Maxon and I couldn't suppress our smiles that were stretching from ear to ear.

"Okay, who-kneed-who in the leg again?" she asked.

"No one kneed anyone in the leg this time," Maxon said, "but we do have some exciting news."

Nicolleta guessed before we could even say anything. She sort of had the same reaction Maxon did when I told him. "You're pregnant, aren't you?" I nod and she rushes to hug me. We part and I give Maxon a quick kiss on the cheek before Nicolleta and I rush off.

First, we head to the ballroom where a table has been set up with tea waiting for us. Marlee joins us and we laugh and talk while the sun rises over the palace. After that we rush up to the Princess Suite which is being transformed into a nursery. 

"Maxon and I don't know the gender yet, I'm not sure we wan't to know, so everything is neutral colors," I tell the girls.

Everything is coming together quite nicely but, "There's one thing I just can't figure out," I say.

"What?" Marlee and Nicolleta say in unison.

"I cannot figure out a name," I say. 

Just then Maxon walks into the room, "Well, I was thinking Althea for a girl and Maxon Jr. for a boy."

"Maxon Jr.?" Marlee says. She looks at Nicolleta and me. 

"No," we say together. 

"Come," Nicolleta says, "let's go to the dining hall and brainstorm some ideas."

I side hug Maxon as we leave for the dining hall.

[End Part One]