The Honeymoon

It was just the night before that Maxon and I were dancing the night away with our friends and family... and a few other people of royalty. Of course, the celebration didn't end that night. We still had our honeymoon! Granted with Maxon being king and all, we couldn't be away for long. But, we still had a week in paradise. 

Our honeymoon was set to start this morning but something came up and Maxon had to deal with it immediately. I didn't mind though. The extra time allowed me to play the violin and check and re-check our list and make sure everything was packed. It wasn't until late afternoon that we finally left the palace to go to the airport. We were going to a southern province and enjoying time in our own private beach house under the sun. 

Our plane was small, it had just enough room for Maxon, a maid, a guard, and me. Lucy and Aspen were officially assigned our "honeymoon maid and guard" just yesterday. We were delighted to have them with us, they were getting married as soon as we got back. So it was kind of like a pre-wedding honeymoon for them. Of course, they would have their own house to stay in, right next to ours.

Maxon and I cuddled next to each other on the entire 3-hour flight. We snuck a few kisses every once in a while. I must have fallen asleep during the flight because one moment Maxon was twirling a bit of my hair between my fingers and the next he was waking me up because we were landing soon. "Wake up, dear. We're landing soon," he said to me in a gentle whisper. I was still a bit groggy so I barely remembered landing. 

Stretching, I yawned and let out a "perfect" that did not sound perfect. Stepping out of the plane, we were greeted with a bright sun beating down upon us. We were then ushered into a car with tinted windows. "Am I allowed to roll down the windows?" I asked the driver. "Only part way," he said back. I rolled the windows down just as we started to drive away. I peeked my head out of the window a bit and watched as palm tree after palm tree passed by. Maxon scooted over and held me by the waist as if I was going to fly out of the window. My hair was whipping in the wind and everything was perfect. 

At the beach house, we swam in the ocean, cuddled for a bit on a blanket that covered the hot sand, and had fun playing some beach volleyball with Aspen and Lucy. When the sun started to go down, we stayed out to the sunset and then hurried into our respective beach houses. Without the sun, the night air quickly became chilly. 

"What do you want to do, Queen America?" Maxon asked. "I don't know, King Maxon," I responded. "I'm kind of tired," I said with a wink. 

"Wasn't it you that told me you wanted to wait until a certain someday to do a certain something?" Maxon pondered. I smiled. Was it just me or had we been slowly creeping toward each other ever since we entered the house? In a moment as quick as a heartbeat, Maxon pulled me into a deep kiss. We somehow found our way to the bedroom and, well, I guess you can tell what happened after that.