04- Jefferson McDonough and Jessie Playger

Start from the beginning

♦︎

A faint explosion was heard from hideout. "Well, that's my cue!" Davina stated as she took the jewel out of its hiding place. Alex was still on edge but he knew one of them had to got or the players wouldn't find them.

"Stay safe." Alex saluted Davina as she headed in the direction of the tunnel.

If one said that the tunnel was a dangerous place, they would be correct. It contained deathly traps, to say the least. Alex and Davina had memorised the trap sequence forwards and backwards because the tunnel was a short cut to the bazar. So, as she traveled through the tunnel with the jewel in hand, she mentally ran through the traps in her head until she reached the rope type ladder. She smiled at the sunlight and the murmur of stranger's voices, as she climbed out of the tunnel. Now all she had to do is find these players.

♦︎

Screams were heard around the group as the Black Mamba launched itself at Martha. Luckily, with Spencer's quick reflexes, he caught the snake with centimetres away from Martha's face. "What do we do?" Spencer panicked as the Black Mamba hissed in his grip.

Realisation hit Fridge as he looked at the group. "We gotta defang it."

"I gotta what?" Spencer shouted in a high pitched voice. Fear was starting to take over his body. Fridge marched forwards, towards Spencer and grabbed the snake by its head, covering its eyes. "You gotta pull its mouth back from the blind spot to disorientate it. But you gotta be very careful of the venom gland and the exposed secondary venom duct. And then you got to snap it's teeth, out of it's head." As he removed the teeth, the snake crumpled to the ground in pain, now defenceless.

"I guess it wasn't a staring contest." Bethany whispered, taking in what happened.

"Trust each other and never blink." Martha repeated what the little boy said before.

"You trusted me. You trusted me and I defanged the snake. I did it, I did that." Fridge said in a proud voice. Maybe after all he like being Finbar.

"I must say I'm quite impressed." The four high school students heard a voice from one of the openings of the patterned structure. As they turned their heads, they saw a woman leaning in one of the poles.

"Who are you?" Bethany asked the woman.

"I'm Davina but you may know me as-"

"Jessie Playger." Spencer cut her off. "You were one of the characters that was locked." Davina nods in response.

"Oh... I also bring gifts." Davina joked, tossing the jewel to they guy who defanged the snake. "I'm trusting you with that." She smiled at Fridge.

"The jewel." Fridge stated, looking up at Davina with a smile.

"Guys?" Bethany caught the group's attention. "This does not look like a piece of the map."

"One of the missing pieces is an elephant?" Spencer asked, he looked just as confused as the others.

"Wait, there's something written on the wrapping paper. 'When you see me, begin the climb.'" Bethany looked over at Davina but she just wore a confused expression.