Chapter Twenty Eight

Over the next two weeks, Tira recovered from her injuries. She'd broken out with another fever again after a few days, but Toya caved and accepted help from Kurogiri and Giran. They both offered to watch over her and tend to her when he couldn't. Between the three of them and their around the clock care, they got Tira back to health. Her color had returned, she had her strength back and she didn't feel pain when Toya touched her.

Now that she was feeling better, Tira was growing bored, Dabi was busy with The League but wouldn't tell her what they were up to. He was out till late in the night. Kurogiri and Giran made sure to bring her meals throughout the day but she was worried about her twin. She didn't like his new friends or his goal.

"What's wrong, little one?" Giran's voice shook her from her moping as she stared off into space worrying about Toya.

She jumped, startled by his voice and glanced up to see the familiar man with the pale greasy hair. Though she knew he was a criminal now, she still liked him the most of anyone else she'd met within The League. Still nervous around everyone here, she chewed on her bottom lip, hesitant to respond.

Sensing where the pale girl's thoughts lingered, Giran smiled gently at her, "worried about your brother?"

Tira paled and stared up at him with wide eyes. How did he know?! "Wh-what? N-no, you're mistak-."

Giran took a step closer and gently pat her on the head though he knew she couldn't feel it, "don't worry, your secret is safe with me."

"Why are you helping us so much?" Tira asked him curiously.

Giran smiled, "years ago, I was meeting up with a contact to obtain some...items to sell... from a hospital...and I spotted something very interesting. The number two hero with what looked like the bloody corpse of a little girl with pretty white hair." He gently lifted a lock of her hair before letting it fall. "I was curious, I did a little digging, and found out a bit more about her, and her brother and I just had this funny feeling their circumstances would put one or both of them in my line of work and I made a little promise to myself."

"What's that?" Tira asked him with a sniffle, she remembered that day vividly, the day she'd died, it had only been a short time but it was a terrifying experience that still occasionally haunted her dreams.

"If they ended up in my line of work, I'd make sure they had someone on their side." Giran offered her the plate of food, it didn't look appetizing and she shook her head. "I'm not as good of a cook as your brother or Kurogiri, sorry about that." He chuckled.

"I-it's okay, I'm not very hungry." Tira tried to spare his feelings but her stomach let out a tiny grumble.

Giran chuckled, "you know, I have a craving for some burgers and I know a place close by that has amazing burgers and I heard they had some pretty impressive strawberry shortcake..."

Tira perked up a little at the mention of strawberry shortcake.

"Shall we?" He offered her a hand up.

Tira hesitated, "is it okay?"

"It's fine." Giran reassured her.

Tira took his hand and allowed him to pull her to her feet. He paused at the door as he realized she might be recognized as many heroes were searching for her right now. Noticing his hesitation, Tira paused and threw him a curious look.

"Perhaps you should put on a jacket." He suggested.

Tira nodded, suddenly feeling a little anxious as she realized it was because people were probably looking for her. She grimaced as she thought of her father, mother and younger siblings and how worried they must all be about her. She didn't have her phone and hadn't been able to leave any of them a note. Toya wouldn't let her send them a message to let them know she was okay. After pulling a hooded sweater on, Giran relaxed and offered her his arm to escort her.