Chapter Eleven

Toya & Tira- 21 Years Old

Fuyumi- 20 Years Old

Natsuo- 17 Years Old

Shoto- 13 Years Old

Toya had managed to successfully infiltrate the Asylum and get Tira out without much fuss. He'd run into one older orderly patrolling but he'd managed to sneak up on him from behind and knock him out with one swift hit. He used fire as a distraction near the guard towers and with everyone distracted was easily able to get Tira out through the back and escape into the forest. He carried her to a train station and took the first train away from the city he could find. He threw his mobile device away in the woods behind the asylum knowing his father would get distracted with the GPS tracking and it would serve as a decent enough distraction for them to get further away.

               He hopped another train at the next train station heading toward the rural countryside. At about four in the morning they arrived in some small rural town out in the mountains. Toya looked for a local to ask if there was a hotel. He found a kind old farmer who informed him there wasn't a hotel in town but there was one in the next town over. He offered to drive them a few miles to the nearest lodging, a rural bed and breakfast as it was on the way to his home. Toya agreed and thanked the farmer.

               On the drive, the farmer had the radio on to listen for weather updates for his crops. He asked a few standard questions where were they from, what were they doing out here. Toya answered them all fairly vaguely, enough to answer his questions but reveal nothing personal about them. The old farmer talked to talk for a little while and told him about various problems he'd been having with his truck so far. It was overheating and had overheated last week to the point an engine fire had started, he'd supposedly gotten it fixed but he was worried about the mechanic who had done it. As they hit the open road and it looked like there was nothing around for miles, a breaking news announcement came over the radio.

               "Police are looking for two missing persons, both twenty-one years of age, a young man with crimson hair last seen wearing a pair of dark jeans, a dark grey sweatshirt and a young woman with white hair last seen wearing a blue nightshirt. Police ask anyone who has seen the missing persons to please alert the anonymous tip line with any information."

               The farmer stiffened and chanced a glance at his passengers to the feeble white-haired girl in the pale blue nightshirt who'd been sound asleep the entire time before looking to the crimson haired young man wearing the same outfit the radio announcer had just described. Toya shifted a sleeping Tira in his arms. Something inside of Toya snapped, if the farmer called in, they could get caught and Tira would be taken away from him again and people would end up hurting her all over again.

               As the farmer reached for his mobile device, Toya calmly grabbed him by the wrist, "I wouldn't do that if I were you." His voice was eerily calm and steady. He didn't want to disturb Tira's slumber.

               "I think it would be best if you two went on your way." The farmer slowed his truck to a stop along the side of the road.

               Toya stepped out of the car with Tira in his arms and took a step back as the farmer reached over to close the door. He saw the older gentlemen reach for his mobile device again as he began to drive. Panic gripped Toya, he couldn't let Tira go back, she was wasting away to nothing. Something inside of him raged, the farmer was a danger to her. He cast out his hand and activated his quirk. Blue flames leapt from the palm of his hand and quickly engulfed the truck. The flames didn't take long to reach the gas tank and the engine.

               The truck exploded in a flurry of red blue and orange flames. Toya felt something akin to remorse, the farmer had seemed nice. Nice or not, he couldn't let anyone put Tira at risk. She would always come first. He glanced down at his sleeping sister, she was still sound asleep. She snuggled closer to him in her sleep. His lips pulled into a smile as he saw the peaceful look on her face. Holding her close, Toya walked in the direction they'd been heading. He passed by the truck; it was now consumed in plain fire that had engulfed his flames when the truck exploded.