Chapter Twenty Three

Toya & Tira- 23 Years Old

Fuyumi- 22 Years Old

Natsuo- 19 Years Old

Shoto- 15 Years Old

Tira woke with a start as she found herself tucked into a large bed in a room she barely recognized. It took her a moment to realize she was in one of the apartments within her father's agency where she was staying temporarily while Shoto was interning. She frowned; she didn't remember falling asleep. The last thing she remembered was sitting in her father's office while he was working on some paperwork. As she sat up and peeled what she assumed were soft blankets off of her, she faintly remembered laying her head down on her father's desk at some point. As she swung her legs over the edge of her bed, she remembered him carrying her to bed and tucking her in as she'd started to fall asleep. She was amazed she'd been able to fall asleep so easily in his presence. Perhaps after allowing herself to forgive him, she was able to relax around him.

She smiled as she changed into a pale cornflower blue dress. She pulled her long frosty white hair back with a matching cornflower blue ribbon and slipped into a pair of flats before exiting her room to find Shoto already dressed in his hero costume standing on the other side of her door as if he'd been about to knock.

"Nee-san, did you just wake up?" He asked curiously.

Tira nodded.

Shoto's heterochromatic orbs flicked down to the fresh bandages on her hand. "What happened?"

"I haven't had enough practice making tea." Tira piped up softly and offered him a reassuring smile, "it's okay though."

Shoto frowned, "I was told to check on you and see if you wanted to accompany us on another patrol tonight." His tone revealed he'd had to spend time with their father without her there as a buffer.

Tira smiled and nodded.

"Are you sure? If it's a bad burn maybe you should be resting?" He asked her softly.

Tira shook her head, "it's fine."

Shoto sighed, "alright."

Tira linked her arm through his and watched his lips pull into a smile. They joined their father in the lobby and Tira was surprised to see it was already early evening, she'd slept the whole day. Some of his sidekicks were already there and waiting. They all greeted her with polite smiles.

Enji looked to his children as they joined him in the lobby. Tira looked a little paler than usual which was alarming as she was already a sickly pale naturally. Though she couldn't feel pain, her body was overworking to try and cope for the pain it thought she was in and in an attempt to heal her damaged cells though some were dead and beyond repair. He noticed her arm linked with Shoto's and how relaxed Shoto appeared with her at his side. It was good that she was here, she helped ease everyone's tension.

"We're taking a work trip, to Hosu." Enji informed his eldest daughter.

Tira nodded her understanding. The commute to Hosu didn't take too long, Shoto was observing his father and his sidekicks trying to get an idea of what preparations they made during their travel. Tira sat between her father and youngest brother for the entire ride looking between them both anxiously as Shoto was hardly acknowledging their father anytime he tried to speak to him.

Not long after they arrived in Hosu were sirens going off everywhere. It appeared there was some kind of attack. Tira managed to keep up with her father, her brother and the sidekicks with ease as they raced in the direction of thick clouds of smoke drifting up into the sky.