Chapter Fourteen

Toya & Tira- 23 Years Old

Fuyumi- 22 Years Old

Natsuo- 19 Years Old

Shoto- 15 Years Old

Toya lingered outside the school waiting for the opportune moment to approach his twin. She looked better than when he'd last seen her. It seemed like she was taking better care of herself, or their siblings were. No longer, did she resemble a skeleton wasting away, she was still thin but a healthier thin and appeared to have blossomed and grown even more beautiful in his absence. In the time he was separated from his twin, he'd grown stronger. He wasn't sure if he was strong enough to defeat their father but he knew it wouldn't be much longer before he could surpass him in strength and make him pay for all he'd put Tira through.

He wanted to steal her away but he didn't want to subject her to the life on the streets he'd been living. She deserved so much better. While living on the streets, he'd learned about a villain known as The Hero Killer, a villain who killed those he deemed as false heroes. His philosophy was something Toya could get behind, growing up with the man he believed to be the biggest false hero to ever exist. It gave him a new sense of purpose. With his new sense of purpose, he'd taken on a new name and was going by Dabi.

His gaze flicked upward as he saw a flash of grey and white in one of the windows on the second floor. Tira was standing in the window rocking a crying infant in her arms. Her steel grey eyes looked his way immediately latching onto him and he couldn't help but smile. Seeing her had calmed him. He'd been weighed down by guilt and regret at first after failing to run away with her when he got her out of her cell. Even now he'd sometimes lay awake at night and wonder what would have happened if he hadn't expended most of his energy hunting down and capturing the orderly who had tormented Tira. The orderly was still considered a missing person, no one would ever find his body. He'd served as a great way to take out his anger after being bested by his father and losing Tira. If he'd been at his full strength, could he have wounded his father enough to get Tira away back then?

Around noon, he sensed her getting closer, heading for the exit of the school and smiled faintly to himself as he ducked into a nearby alley across the street from the school between a coffee shop and a deli. He concealed himself in the alley and watched as Tira exited through the main double doors. She looked like a movie starlet as she exited the building and a gentle breeze swept around her causing the skirt of her dress to flutter a little. He watched as she smoothed it back down and looked around trying to find him.

He stayed hidden as she looked both ways before crossing the street. His heart clenched as he noticed a brief moment of panic cross her face as she desperately searched for him. It took all he had to stay hidden as she hesitantly stepped into the alley. Once she walked past him, he stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her from behind. She jumped at first before relaxing as she realized she could feel his touch and knew it was her twin.

Tira spun around in his arms, her eyes lighting up, and let out a squeal of delight as she jumped into his arms, throwing her arms around his neck and hugged him tight. "Nii-chan!"

Toya chuckled as he hugged her back and noticed that in their current position her feet didn't touch the ground. He held back a laugh, he'd gotten taller in their time apart. Holding her in his arms, it was the first time he'd felt calm in nearly two years. He wanted to whisk her away right then and there but stopped himself. His life now was far too dangerous and unstable to drag her into his world and Tira was far too sweet and pure, he couldn't allow himself to corrupt her into villainy. Reluctantly he set her on her feet.