Chapter Nine

Toya & Tira- 21 Years Old

Fuyumi- 20 Years Old

Natsuo- 17 Years Old

Shoto- 13 Years Old

Three years she'd been gone. Three years he'd felt empty inside. Toya somehow knew Tira was alive but it felt as if her light had dimmed, like a candle about to sputter out. Everyday it felt like she was hanging on a very precarious ledge and she could drift away at any moment. It made him feel sick to his stomach. It reminded him a little of a time when they were seven when she'd spent a week in a drug induced coma. He'd spent three years training to get stronger and trying to figure out where Tira had been shipped off to.

During the three years he'd been without Tira, he spent every free moment scouring every inch of the house in search of a clue as to where their father had sent her. He even snuck into their father's study; he picked the lock on his desk drawer but there was nothing that had given him a clue. There weren't any bills or invoices of where he was sending payments to, no reports or updates. It had to be at his office, at his agency. There was no other place for him to look. He had to break into his father's agency to find Tira's whereabouts.

Early Saturday morning, before the sun had risen, Toya made his way to his father's agency to get an idea of how heavy security was. He hadn't been to his father's agency since he and Tira were children and at the time he didn't expect to need to know where every security camera was, for future reference. By the time he arrived it was almost eight in the morning.

He walked a wide perimeter around the building checking for cameras and possible high-risk areas where he could be sighted when he tried to break in. As he reached the front of the building he ducked into a nearby bush as he saw his father step out of the building with a young woman carrying a clipboard in toe, it must be his personal assistant.

"I've cancelled all your appearances for the day, sir." The somewhat plump, plain looking girl with auburn hair said as she kept up with his hurried pace. "The chief of police's assistant wasn't being very flexible with me and wouldn't move the conference call about the incident that took place earlier this week with that creepy bug villain. I'm sorry."

"It's alright." Enji replied with a shrug, "I'll take it wherever I am, what time was it again?"

"Two o'clock. I'll forward the call-in details to your personal phone." His assistant replied with a polite bow of her head as they reached the awaiting car.

Enji nodded his head, "thank you."

His assistant glanced at the clear blue sky before smiling softly, "it would be a great day for flower viewing."

Enji looked to her curiously before a small whisper of a smile graced his lips, "I think you're right."

"Good luck, sir." His assistant offered him an encouraging smile as he got into the car.

Toya felt torn. From that exchange he had a feeling his father was visiting someone, there was a chance it could be Tira. He could take this chance while his father was away to scope out the agency and possibly sneak in or he could tail his father. It might lead him to Tira. He watched as his father's assistant went back inside and the car pulled away. It was now or never.

Once the car was a reasonable distance where he was sure he wouldn't be spotted, he leapt out of his hiding spot and flagged down a cab. The cab driver didn't seem to care that they were stalking another car and did a remarkable job staying an unsuspicious distance away from his father's car. About fifteen minutes outside of the city the scenery turned to countryside. Another ten minutes and his father's car pulled onto a gravel road leading up to a giant metal gate.