"You obviously like this boy enough to have put yourself in this position in the first place, yes?" she raised her eyebrows, and I nodded.

"I have never met anyone like him."

"And you maybe never will," she reassuringly rubbed my shoulder. "So tell your friend, tell Ben, but don't give up on the relationship. If it's real, it will work out. It always does."

"I love you," I hugged her one last time. "I'll see you at Thanksgiving."

"Call me if you need any more help. Lord knows your mother can't do it."

"Excuse me?"

"No," I grabbed Mom's arm and shoved her in the car before another fight could start. "Bye Grandma! Bye Grandpa!"

We got home a little past dinner time on Sunday, and the drive hit me like a ton of bricks. All I wanted to do was sleep, but I knew I needed to study. I had a busy few days and a math test on Tuesday that I was positive I was going to fail. I stayed up half the night studying, and finally showered and went to bed sometime around four in the morning.

No wonder I was so irritable the next day. I didn't talk in any of my classes and studied in the library the entire lunch period. Usually I wouldn't leave Ester to sit alone, but she officially had some friends on the volleyball team that she could sit with if I wasn't there. I met them. Carly and Erin. They seemed like nice people. I was just bad at making friends, so I let Ester do it.

When school ended, I headed to the library instead of going to meet David at his car like usual. After about 10 minutes of studying, I heard the creaky door swing open and the footsteps approaching. He had found me. I looked up at him, then immediately back down at my paper.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I shrugged. "Just have a test tomorrow. I really need to study for it."

"Is that it?" David asked hesitantly. "You're not regretting anything that happened on Friday, are you?"

"No," I blushed at the thought of the actions that I participated in on Friday. Who was I? "I'm just busy. If I don't get an A on this test, I won't have an A in the class. I need an A in the class."

"I'm sure you'll do great, baby. Do you want me to help you?"

"Can you just leave me alone?" I whined, banging my head on the wooden table. I was already frustrated with my studying, and now David was bothering me, and I was sleep deprived, and all I wanted to do was skip to Wednesday so that the test was over and I was happy again.

David raised his eyebrows like he was completely shocked by my words, but he quickly recovered. "Yeah, whatever you want."

"Thank you!" I tried to call after him as he walked away, but he basically slammed the door behind him.

The next time I saw him was Wednesday.

The notification dinged on my phone, and I glanced down to see that my math test had been graded. Anxiety flooded my mind as my fingers carefully unlocked my phone and waited for the app to load. Clicking to reveal the grade, I saw it began with a nine and immediately squealed, jumping up off my chair in the library and rushing to the gym that I had banished David to the last time we talked.

He was alone in a room of about twenty people, some sitting on their phones, some doing homework, some playing basketball. He glanced up when he heard the door open and smiled when he saw me skipping towards him.

"H—"

"I got an A on my math test!" I jumped up and down for emphasis, and his smile only grew wider.

"I knew you could do it, baby," he kept his voice down so no one could hear him. "I'm proud of you."

I stared at him for a second, my smile wavering, and like a switch went off, everything clicked into place. I had complained to everyone and their mother about my math test, but the moment I saw the grade, there was only one person I knew I wanted to tell.

"David, I love you," I said. In the middle of a humid, loud gym with no cares as to who heard, I told him I loved him. My heart skipped a beat when his face dropped, and my palms began to sweat when we stood there in silence for a good twenty seconds.

I had made a colossal mistake. Once I realized, I twisted on my heel and sprinted out of the gym, going to the only safe place I could think of: the football field. As long as I was down there, David couldn't follow me.

That didn't mean he wouldn't try.

I just need some drama in my life so i wrote this lmaooooo

Vote and comment NOW or else