Trust me (part 2)

Derek would be lying if he said he wasn't hoping to hear from Stiles again. He'd gotten spooked when Theo basically called him out on his feelings for Stiles and bolted. As the next couple of weeks passed, he tried not to think about the human or the lack of calls he received from him. No calls was a good thing. That meant Stiles was okay. Or so he thought.

When he received a call from Lydia claiming the exact opposite, Derek couldn't understand why Stiles hadn't called Derek himself.

"He and Scott aren't talking. Malia isn't talking to anyone. I can't even close my eyes without seeing one of my friends die. Liam doesn't trust Scott after an incident with Hayden and it's all so messy. I don't know what to do. I know Theo has been with Stiles a lot lately and I worry that he thinks Theo is the only one he can trust."

Derek had never called Stiles so frantic.

When he didn't answer, Derek tried to convince himself that it was due to the late hour. But the wolf in him refused to relax, which is how he found himself driving to Beacon Hills at nearly one a.m.

-

Stiles frowned down at the missed call on his phone as he slid into his jeep.

"What's wrong?" Theo asked, sliding into the passenger's side.

"Derek called," Stiles licked at his bottom lip. He'd tried to forget about the werewolf. Ignoring the pain he'd felt at watching him leave for the second time.

"Oh?" Theo tried to hold back a frown. He could see the struggle on Stiles' face as he debated calling him back.

"He never calls."

"He would have left a message if it was urgent. Or better yet, called Scott," Theo knew that would pull Stiles from his dilemma.

Sure enough Stiles dropped the phone back onto the seat beside him.

"You're right," He nodded before putting the jeep in reverse.

"So, my place or yours?" Theo smirked at the human, glad to have won that battle.

"I actually wanted to check the library for something."

-

The library was dark, but Stiles preferred it at night. However, it was the first time he'd been back here after hours since the incident with Donovan. He swallowed nervously as he followed Theo through the double doors.

"Whoa, you okay?" Theo asked, glancing over his shoulder. The smell of Stiles' anxiety was thick in the air.

"I'm fine," Stiles answered with a nod.

Theo noticed how Stiles' eyes glanced around as if reimagining the scenario. He took the opportunity to slide his arm around the human's lower back.

"Hey, don't think about it. I know Scott didn't understand, but...that's on him, not on you," Theo's tone was gentle, and Stiles just couldn't help but lean into the comforting touch.

"Come on, I just need to look up some things on lay line and frequencies," Stiles gave a small smile, before pulling away from Theo much to the chimera's chagrin.

-

Derek reached Stiles' house only to find he wasn't home, making his stomach churn. He dialed Stiles' number, but it went to voicemail after two rings. Great he was avoiding him now.

He called Lydia next.

"He was with Theo leaving the clinic last I saw him," Lydia offered with a sympathetic tone.

Derek couldn't help the growl that escaped his throat. He was really beginning to hate Theo.

-

"Let me see if they have another one on radio frequencies specifically, maybe we can see if they are using specific wavelengths," Stiles stood and headed towards the rows off bookshelves just as his phone started to buzz.