Cabin in the Woods

Derek walked into the loft only to be hit with the stench of worry. He normally wouldn't have batted an eye but the smell was coming from every member of the pack.

"Derek, there you are, have you seen Stiles?" Scott asked frantically.

"Not since earlier," Derek shook his head. Stiles had been with the pack when he left only two hours before.

"He left shortly after you did, he promised to be back in an hour. Now he's not answering his phone. I've tried over a dozen times," Scott spoke worriedly.

Derek let out a heavy sigh as he closed the door behind him, "Did he say where he was going?"

"He mentioned something about proving the he knew what he was talking about," Scott shrugged.

"He wasn't going after the Nymph, was he?" Derek's frown deepened. He glanced at a clueless Scott and then turned his attention to Liam who spoke up then.

"I heard him say something about Caldron's Hallow," The younger werewolf shrugged.

"I told him the Nymph wasn't there," Derek growled at no one in particular as he fished his phone from his pocket.

Sure enough the phone rang through to voicemail.

"Damnit, Stiles," Derek swore. There was a bad storm rolling in and if Stiles was lost in the woods he could get hurt. Derek grabbed his jacket and turned to the door.

"Where are you going? Should we come with?" Scott asked standing from his spot at the table.

"No, stay here in case he shows back up. I know where he went," Derek said before slipping back out the loft door.

-

The rain pelted Derek, soaking his hair as he made his way through the woods. He'd caught Stiles' scent but then it started to rain which always messed up his tracking.

The alpha dialed Stiles' number for the fifth time. A buzzing caught Derek's attention then.

Derek followed the sound carefully.

Dread washed over Derek as he reached the noise only to find Stiles' phone near a tree that smelled heavily of Stiles and copper. Derek's wolf bristled beneath the surface once he spotted the blood on the tree.

With his jaw clenched and his senses on high alert he surveyed the area.

"Stiles?" Derek yelled. He was aware that whatever had hurt Derek very may still be out there but if it was still after the human then Derek could lure it away.

Derek continued to call for Stiles as he attempted to follow the human's scent. Stiles had been careful not to leave an obvious blood trail, but thankfully Derek had a lock on the scent and was worried enough to be able to follow it.

After a little while Derek reached a small abandoned cabin. Derek heard a heartbeat inside and the smell of Stiles was stronger.

"Stiles," Derek rushed to the door only to find it locked.

"Derek?" Stiles' voice was filled with disbelief and relief.

The door opened then and Derek's nose was assaulted by the smell of worry and blood.

"Are you okay, what happened?" Derek asked reaching for Stiles.

The human was holding his side, his shirt was soaked in blood.

"Is it still out there?" Stiles asked worriedly, closing and locking the door back.

"I didn't see anything. What happened?" Derek demanded again, moving Stiles' hand so he could get a better look at his wound.