Chapter 15

(Ben's POV)

I woke to someone tapping my shoulder lightly. I opened my eyes and saw Erica leaning over from her hospital bed to tap me on the shoulder. That's right. I had spent the night in the hospital to make sure Erica was ok. Catherine was curled up on a chair near Erica's bed.

Erica smiled at me. "Ben... thank you so much for bringing me back safe. It means so much to me. Also, don't freak out, but I need to have surgery because the bullet had some shards that are still in me." I freaked out.

"Erica, seriously? Is there a chance you're going to die?" I asked her. She looked down at her hands. "What's the percentage rate?" I asked softly. She looked back up at me. "60%," she said quietly.

I raked my hands through my hair. "You're not going to die, alright," I said angrily. "We've been through so much together. I love you. You're not going to die." She looked at me, tears starting to form in her eyes.

She took my hand, and I climbed into the hospital bed, so I could lie down next to her. I kissed her on the forehead, and we stayed like that, hands intertwined, just propped up on pillows in a hospital bed. Catherine woke up. "So Ripley, when's the wedding?" she asked, winking. "Oh my lord," I mumbled, covering my face with my hands.

A doctor came in, saying "Okay, Agent Hale, we're going to move you to a hospital where you will have your surgery done." without looking up at her once. "Can I bring Ben and my mother with me?" Erica asked.

"What's so important about the kid?" the doctor asked. I blushed furiously as Erica said, "He's my boyfriend."

An hour later we were at a hospital, and Erica was waiting in yet another hospital bed. A middle-aged doctor with hair tied back approached us. She offered a hand to Erica. "Hi, I'm Meredith Grey, I'll be removing the bullet fragments from your stomach today." Grey's anatomy shout out! Sorry, I love that show. Erica shook her hand and introduced herself as well.

Dr. Grey turned to me and asked Erica "I'm guessing this young man is your boyfriend? You two make a cute couple." I blushed furiously again, and this time Erica blushed crimson as well. An hour later, Erica was being wheeled into the OR, and I was a mess in the waiting room with Catherine.

About ten minutes later, Alexander stormed into the room, with a face red with anger. "WHY DID I HAVE TO BE INFORMED THAT MY DAUGHTER WAS IN SURGERY BY MY BOSS?" he shouted at Catherine. "I called you. It went to voicemail immediately because you blocked my number," she informed him coolly. He flushed with embarrassment. "I... uh," he stuttered. "That's what I thought," Catherine replied, a smug grin on her face.

Alexander turned to me, noticing I was there for the first time. "Hey, why is Ben here?" he asked Catherine. "Because he's dating Erica," Catherine responded. I flushed with embarrassment again, mumbling "Dear lord." for the second time that day. Alexander grinned at me. "I always thought you would be the son I never had!" I flushed an even deeper red if that was even possible. "Oh my god." I mumbled, covering my head with my hands.

Hello guys and gal's! So, I have three different idea's for my next spyschool fanfic, so I'm thinking, maybe tomorrow or the day after, instead of posting a chapter, releasing one big preview which includes the first chapters of the 3 ideas I've been toying around with. Than you have more of an idea of what type of story you're choosing. What do you think?