Caught red-handed

(I'm actually a really huge glee fan as well, and I feel like this is a great cover of a great song that is perfect for this chapter! Plus, I kinda picture Ben to look like Finn from glee.)

(Ben's POV)

"Ok... I'm not really sure what I walked in on, and I don't know whether I should be confused or mad, or very upset." Zoe yelled at me. "It's not Ben's fault!" Erica chimed in helpfully. "I hugged him because the pottery reminded me of something pretty special to me." I couldn't help it, shivers went down my spine because Erica had pretty much said that our relationship was special to her.

My eyes focused in on Sean's hand rubbing Zoe's back comfortingly. My eyes narrowed, and my peaceful moment with Erica was ruined. "You're one to talk," I replied to Zoe bitterly, and brushed by them and left the arts and crafts tent.

Erica followed me back to my tent, and I just sat there for there a while with her. I felt tired and upset. I laid down in my bed until I remembered that I had left one of my grenades in the craft room. I had better go get it.

(Sean's POV)

Bet you didn't see that one coming! OK, you probably did.

I rubbed Zoe's back as she ranted about Ben, but I wasn't really listening, I was staring at her large luminous green eyes, the ones that always made me feel at home and welcome. I knew she was dating Ben, but I couldn't help liking her. She was just... Zoe.

"Always knew he liked Erica better," she shouted furiously, snapping me out of my thoughts. Then she did something that surprised me. She kissed me, pressing her smooth lips against mine, and it took me only a second to respond.

I was kissing someone else's girlfriend, and it was obviously very, very wrong, but how could it be when it felt so, so right? We were just kissing in the craft room, all alone until Ben walked into the room. We pulled apart, but we were still in each other's arm. Ben looked hurt, angry, upset and... relieved??? "Good luck in the competition Irish boy, you're going down." Then he turned to Zoe. "We're over." he snarled as he walked out of the room.

Zoe looked a little upset, but she turned back to me and laid on my chest. "I don't regret it you know. I really do like you. Could we maybe... I dunno, date?" That soon? I was thinking. But I really did like her, so I said "Uhh... 'course."

(Ben's POV) I stormed out of the arts and craft's room, just wanting to hit something. A minute later I felt like I just wanted to cry.

I headed back to the tent and picked up my guitar. I settled on a yard chair right outside my tent and started strumming, singing as well. "Nobody said it was easy... it's such a shame for us to part. Nobody said it was easy. No one ever said it would be this hard...  Oh take me back to the start."

A crowd gathered around me, listening to my smooth, emotional voice. Soon everyone knew what had happened, that Zoe and I had split up, that she had cheated on me with the new boy.

After I got over playing my breakup songs, I lied in bed, and Erica came in to comfort me. "Hey, Ben... It'll be ok. I'm here to comfort you." She said soothingly, rubbing my shoulders. I felt a lot better. I got up, reenergized, and with fire in my eyes announced "Let's defeat them in the camp challenge, both of them!"