Chapter 11

(Erica's POV)

I... wow. Ben kinda swept me off my feet. And today is the final challenge of the competition. It's crazy to think that the summer will be over so soon. It's a three-legged survival challenge. I

have to spend the entire day tied to Ben, which I'm not mad about. It could probably end up being pretty fun. We basically have to do a scavenger hunt, but tied together. The goal is to return all the items to the mess hall first, and not kill each other after being tied together all day. We don't even have to win, because we've won literally every other challenge. But it would be nice to win.

I slid out of bed and shook Ben awake. "Hey sleepyhead," I whispered in his ear. "Ugggg." he groaned and opened his eyes. I swear, I could stare into his green eyes for days. They used to be brown, but as he aged, his eyes kind of gradually turned green.

I loved his eyes. I loved Ben. WAIT WHAT DID I JUST THINK?! Oh no. Oh no. I can't love someone again. Look what happened with the first boy I loved. HE TURNED EVIL. I know Ben isn't like that, but it still scares me.

He noticed my frown, and a look of concern passed over his face. "Hey, are you okay?" he asked gently. "Ben, we shouldn't be together," I said, tears starting to slide down my face. He knew something was up because he picked me up and sat me down on his bed, his arm around me. "Don't shut me out, please share what's wrong." He whispered. I wiped my eyes and admitted "I'm scared how much I like you. Because I like you a lot." Ben smiled. "That's a good problem to have," he told me and kissed the top of my head. I snuggled into his chest, and we just stayed like that for a little.

We eventually got up and headed to the activity platform. Ben's arm was still around me, and I walked in the activity platform smiling like a doofus. When I got there, I toned the smile down a notch, but Iet Ben keep his arm around me.

Agent Kimberley came out with his ever-present microphone, announcing "We have a guest today, come on out!" My mom came out of the tunnel, waving. M16 was working on a mission with the CIA, so she was allowed to be in camp.

Mom walked towards me, holding out her arms for a hug. I grudgingly obliged, and as she pulled away, she grinned at Ben. "You're going to make the perfect son in law Benjamin!" in her British accent. A red tinge spread over his face, and I hid my face in my hands groaning. "Moooom." I groaned. Everyone looked like they were holding back laughter.

Agent Kimberley cleared his throat. "Anyways, the rule for the competitions is that you must stay with your partner at all times. Your lock around your leg will be electronic, and can only be opened by a scanner."

Mike raised his hand. "What if you have to go to the bathroom?" he asked awkwardly. "The scanners by the bathroom door will unlock your lock temporarily," he answered. "These locks and scanners sound pretty expensive. How did the CIA afford them?" Ben asked me, whispering in my ear. "Because they got funding from the government for the academy, because you, me, and other junior agents performed so well on prior missions," I whispered back.

"Got it," he said, giving me a small peck on the lips, his arms around my shoulders. "Ripley and Hale, no PDA!" Agent Kimberley shouted at us. I groaned and hid my head in my hands again. My mom winked at me. Jesus Christ mom, stop.

Hello! Sorry for not updating yesterday, I caught up with some old friends and binge-watched the fosters. We have almost reached a thousand views! Thank you so much for that. Don't forget to vote!