Chapter 28

Hailey… what are you doing here?” Liam asked when he saw me crying walking behind Zayn.

“I had a fight with… the boys and I just couldn't be with them for six hours. I hope thats ok with you guys.” I sniffled and rubbed my nose. 

“Of course babe. Come watch the movie with us.” Harry scooted over so there was room for me beside him and Niall. 

“So what was the fight about?” Niall asked. All the boys looked at him and gave him dirty looks.

“Niall you can’t just ask her that.” Liam said.

“What? Why? It’s a legit question.” Niall said back which made me giggle.

“It’s fine.” I said then turned to Niall. “And I don’t think you want to her about what it was about.” 

“Well, if it will help you feel better then you can tell us.” Harry said rubbing my arm. I looked at him and he nodded his head. 

“Well, Luke told me that he hooked up with his new ‘girlfriend’ he kept saying all these excuses like ‘he didn't mean for it to happen’ and that he was ‘drunk’ and ‘vulnerable.’ What an ass.” I folded my arms over my chest. “I mean do you know how many guys I turned down back home? Like at least five! And I was drunk and I missed him just as much!” I was crying now. 

“At least he told you. I mean he could have just held it off.” Louis said and I chuckled.

“Ya, it took Calum calling him out on it for him to say it.” 

“Shit.” Niall said from beside me. “Well, it’s not your fault. He decided to act on his feelings and he’s in the wrong here not you. Remember that. You're a good girl Hailey.” Niall put his arm around me and pulled me into him. 

“Thanks.” I wiped my nose with my sleeve and put my head back on the couch. “It just hurts is all. I thought he loved me.” 

“Hey!” Harry said sitting up. “He does love you. He loved you so much he wrote such a good song about you and how much he loves you, you can’t just stop loving someone like that. People make mistakes and they learn from them. I bet you that he’s crying right now because he thinks he lost you. He loves you Hailey.” I smiled a small smile and looked over at Louis who was giving a small sympathetic smile back.

“She’s coming too, Aubrey. Some journalist lady is touring with them for a week and is writing up stuff about them and she has to be here that week.” They all looked like they got punched in the gut; all of them feeling sorry for me. 

“I’m sorry.” Liam said giving me a hug. I shrugged my shoulders and sighed. “Let’s watch a movie then to forget about it.” 

______________________________

“Hailey, we’re here.” I opened my eyes and saw Harry smiling down at me. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. “We are at the hotel.” They had a free day tomorrow so we were staying in a hotel tonight. 

“Ok.” I smiled. I went to grab my phone but realized that I left it on my bus. “Harry?”

“Yeah.” 

“Can call Michael and ask him if I can stay in his room tonight?” He nodded his head and pulled out his phone. Michael had already brought all my things up to his room; that’s why he’s my best friend; he always takes care of me. I made my way up to his room through all the screaming fans outside. When I got up to his room I knocked three times and then waited for him to get to the door; I heard him talking to someone and my heart sank… what if it’s Luke? Michael opened the door and I saw that he had his phone up to his ear. 

“Ya mom, it’s Hails. Ya I know. Ok, I’ll tell her. Ok bye, love you too.” He hung up the phone and then smiled at me. “Sorry about that.” He pulled me into a hug. “Mom wanted me to tell you she loves you. And that Luke is a dick.” He laughed. 

“You told her?” 

“Ya. I was so pissed off when he told you that I yelled at him for three hours on the bus.” 

“You didn't know?” I assumed all the boys knew.

“Do you think I wouldn't have told you if I knew? Only Calum knew and he said he only knew for about a week.” 

“How is he?” I asked walking into the room and lying down on the bed. I looked at the clock; 9:23 pm… it felt like 2 am. 

“Who cares how he is. How are you? How was the bus ride?” 

“It was really good actually. We watched a movie then I fell asleep on Niall and Harry.” 

“Good. Luke was in your room crying after I finished yelling at him.”

“Good. Let the little bitch cry.” I sighed and closed my eyes. “Why did he do it?” 

“I don’t know. I honestly don’t. I think he just really missed you and he fell for it. Aubrey’s a sneaky little bitch. I hate her.” 

“I just really hope it isn't something I did. I don’t think I could take being the cause of it.” I opened my eyes and looked at the ceiling. “I’m so in love with him.” 

“I know you are.” He walked over to the bed and lay beside me, he took my hand in his and squeezed it. “I’m not telling you what to do but I think that you’ll hurt yourself more if you don't forgive him. Does that sound bad?” I shrugged my shoulders. 

“I know what you mean though… If I leave then I’m just going to keep blaming myself and I’m not going to get any closure but if I forgive him I can keep on loving him and trusting him not to do it again. It’s just a terrible awful haunting feeling to think that the person you love might love someone else.” 

“He doesn't love her, trust me.” I turned my head so I was looking at him.

“He likes her enough to do that with her. It still counts as something.”