Containment Breach

*Y/N'S POV*

The only light sources were Connor's and Elazar's flashlights. It was dark in the control room, it was also intensely terrifying. The other scientists ran out of the control room, which left me, Elazar, and Connor alone in the room, with Serena in the chamber. I looked at Connor as his eyes widened in shock when he looked at his digital watch.

"Connor... what's wrong...?" I asked him.

"Oh no... no no no..."

"Connor, what is it?"

"Shit...You cannot be serious"

"Connor.. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!" I shook him around.

"SCP-173 has broke containment...." He said in a terrifyingly calm tone. I could tell he was scared, even when he sounded calm.

"WHAT?! That's Impossible!! How?! The test was scheduled for tomorrow!" Elazar was beyond terrified.

"The team got confirmation to move it to today."

"What even happened?" I asked.

"Knowing how SCP-173 works, the power must have been cut somehow to quickly hinder the line of sight with the creature, allowing it to kill everyone in the room." Connor explained.

"Deliberately?"

"I don't know..." Connor replied.

"It can be recaptured, can't it?" I asked in hope that I would get a good answer.

"The power is offline. The cameras are shut off, no eyes are on the sculpture, and it can now move freely. Hell, the others might have even gotten out too! We cannot contain it!" He yelled.

"Damnit..." I looked down gritting my teeth. I had to think.

"What's the plan? We have to get out somehow, don't we?"

"I am going to go to 173's area to check for any survivors. You guys stay here, and what ever you do, do not let anyone escape, whether it be an SCP or a D-Class." Elazar pulled her gun out.

"What?! Why!? Do you realize what just happened?!" Connor asked her, looking at her if she was crazy.

"Yeah, I do. As a worker of this organization, I need to take action when it is necessary. Something you need to do, O'Brian." Connor looked down in silence as she left the room, the door closing behind her.  I didn't know what to do... I only looked at Connor, waiting for a plan to come to me. For several minutes he held his head down, thinking hard about what to do. Suddenly, Connor looked up. I couldn't see his face through his helmet, but I knew he had something planned.

"Grab Serena, put some clothes on her, and let's move." He said with a serious, but confident voice.

"W-What?"

"I said, Grab her and let's go! We're getting out of here." He repeated himself.

"I know what you said, but.... Why are you letting me take her? You work here...Aren't you supposed to keep the entities in containment?" I saw him go silent again as he looked up a bit. After a couple seconds, he looked at me.

"Don't worry about it, Just do as I say. Put something light on her to let her move freely. I have a bit of resistance to her from training, so I'll be fine for a while." He said, handing me his flashlight. I took it and went through the door of the control room, then to Serena's cell. Serena's cell door was open... That... was bad. I shined my flashlight in the room and saw her sitting on the floor against her bed, which still had clothes on top of it.

"Serena, you alright?" I squatted next to her.

"I-I'm okay.. I'm scared as to what's going on though."