Twelve

•• Taylor ••

A familiar and annoying ringing tone rang inside the empty and quiet room. I fluttered my eyes open and tried to reach my ringing phone from the nightstand beside the bed.

Once I finally reached my phone from the nightstand, I squinted my eyes from the light and turned off the alarm. When I turned off the alarm, the room was once again filled with silence.

I silently groaned as I got up from my bed and stretched my arms out. It was only six thirty in the morning and the sun is halfway through rising in the sky. I glanced at the white nightstand and saw the Harry Potter book that Harry gave me.

I picked the book up from the nightstand and ran my fingers delicately over the cover. I started reading the book yesterday and I'm in the part where Harry received his Hogwart's letter.

I catched myself smiling at the book because of the memory of who gave it.

I placed the book down and placed it back on the nightstand, I'm planning to read another chapter tonight.

I walked over to my windows and pushed the blinds away that was covering my window.

A few cars passed our street, but other than that the street was also peaceful. It was a bit too early after all.

I went inside the bathroom and first brushed my teeth and prepared what I was going to wear on my first day as a florist.

Lindsey texted my yesterday and told me that the shop opens at around eight o'clock, and she'll meet me there in the shop.

I decided to just wear a simple light blue long-sleeved shirt, some jeans and the coat Harry and I picked out when we were together at the mall, and I suppose Lindsey wouldn't mind.

After I picked what I'll wear for today, I stripped my clothes off and got inside the shower. The lukewarm water cascaded down my skin and I grabbed my shampoo and body wash and did the usual.

After washing my hair with my shampoo and rinsing the soap off my body, I dried myself with the towel I brought along with me. When I was fully dried, I wore the clothes I picked not too long ago.

I exited the bathroom fully clothed and my hair still damp.
I got the hair dryer from my table and comb to dry my damp hair up.

It took not less than ten minutes to fully dry my hair, once I was completely done with myself, I got my brown leather bag and placed my essentials.

When I was done, I checked the clock that was hanging near the window and it's already seven forty. It's not that bad, the drive from the house to the shop is only ten to fifteen minutes away.

I placed on my flats and before I could leave the room, I got my favorite red lipstick from my bag and applied it on my lips. Call me anything you want, but I honestly couldn't go anywhere without this red lipstick on.

After I successfully applied the lipstick, I put the lid back on and placed it inside my bag and went downstairs.

As I was going downstairs, I heard some rummaging and clanking of pots in the kitchen. I took one last step from the staircase and before I could even go to the kitchen to see what was going on, Selena exited the kitchen.

Selena is still dressed in her nightgown with her pink eye mask over her eyes and her hair disheveled.

"Taylor, where are you going?" She asked her voice still a bit groggy.

"To work, it's my first day." I reminded her and her mouth formed into an 'o' shape.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. You're not going to stay for breakfast then?"