Seven

•• Taylor ••

I could feel my throat going dry and my breath hitching as he looked or stared at me rather with his green eyes.

He still has a grip on my arm and we were only about three or four inches away.

Shit, snap out of it Taylor. This isn't right, you're already crossing the line.

I internally sighed as I pursed my lips together. What am I even doing? A person that I barely know is holding my arm and our faces are inches away.

I blinked a few times to snap myself out of my daze and cleared my throat. He seemed to know what I meant and his grip loosened. I slightly pulled my arm away. And when I pulled away, I didn't know what I felt but I initially felt something was missing. Like a missing piece that I need to find.

The warm and soft feeling of his hand will always be remembered what it felt like. And I know I said I'm crossing the line but I just need to feel him hold my hand again, even just for a second. I just need to. But of course, there's always something holding me back.

I slightly pursed my lips as I took a short step back that I could already feel the wooden shelf touching my lower back.

I still had the book in my hand while I placed my hand in the pocket of my jeans with my heart still racing and irregularly palpitating inside me.

Of course, the obvious thing to do in this kind of situation if to mutter a quick 'thank you' and apologize for disturbing and walk away like nothing happened.

But my senses couldn't find it to do so, it's like my conscience is telling me no to and it'll be a wrong move if I did what I had in plan.

Shit, if I hadn't been so clumsy and if I had been more careful enough I wouldn't be stuck in this situation and my heart wouldn't beat this fast.

When a few moments passed, I was about to do what I really had in mind because it was getting a bit awkward and uncomfortable for the both of us. When I was about to talk and open my mouth to say something, he spoke up first and I was glad that he did.

"I'm sorry, I should've been more cautious. Are you all right?" He asked with concern lingering in his voice.

He quickly ran his tongue on his lips and I have to admit, it was a sight to see and I had to refrain myself from biting my lower lip.

Goddammit, Taylor this isn't the right time to think about that.

When I snapped out from my quick daze, I had to blink a few times to remember his question.

I held and gripped the book tighter in my grasp as I could feel myself stuttering if I reply. Relax, Taylor you're thinking and sweating too much about this. Just casually reply and don't be anxious.

It's just Harry. The Harry that I will go with tomorrow, that is.

I took a quick deep breath and replied whatever I could muster up.

"I'm sorry too, I should've looked where I was going. And I'm fine, no worries. And thanks for catching me and saving me from the embarrassment." I replied and I felt my insides loosened up a bit and it felt like I was able to breathe properly.

I gave him a small smile as he gave me a small nod and let out a sigh of relief.

He took a step back and we finally had a normal distance between us. And I was able to get a sight of his clothing and figure, he was wearing a long-sleeved black v-neck shirt, with the sleeves rolled up below his elbows and two of the buttons are undone and lastly, a silver paper airplane necklace hanging on his chest to complete his look.