Four

It's already eight in the morning and some people in the airport are rushing to catch their flight.

And I was positive and sure that there's definitely a lot more people now, compared to earlier in Colorado at one in the morning. I just got my luggage from the baggage claim a while ago, and to be frank, I had a little trouble finding my own luggage.

I accidentally grabbed someone else's luggage that looks identical and similar to mine. And at first, they accused me of stealing but they soon understood that it was all just a simple mistake and misunderstanding. I apologized to the lady who I accidentally grabbed the luggage of, the security let me off the hook, but the lady who owns the bag still sent me a death glare when I walked away from the scene.

It's a shame though, she could've been a wonderful lady with her jet black locks, her slightly tanned skin and her petite body. I've got to admit, she looks pretty and she could actually look one of those models from Victoria Secret, but her personality isn't one to be proud of. I shrugged off the memory a while ago and continued heading towards the exit with my black luggage trailing behind me.

While walking towards the glass sliding doors, just by walking here I could already see a piece of the scenery from outside. Yellow taxis are lined up outside, waiting for anyone to ask them to give them a ride and I must say, the suburbs of New York is quite wonderful to say the least. I could definitely tell that this is much better than Colorado. Despite the honking and yelling of taxi drivers and the busy streets of New York, the tall buildings and bright flashing billboards make and complete the scene. This is definitely much livelier and brighter, the lights coming from the buildings and signs are flashing blindly and wildly, but they could never blind me.

Once I got nearer to the sliding doors of the airport, it opened automatically and it opened for me to exit and for some people to enter. The soles of my flats stepped on the concrete and pavement sidewalks of the street, I stepped aside and took a deep breath. I let my eyes wander around the busy looking place and to the people passing by.

This is it, I'm finally in New York. This is my chance to restart and to forget about him. My chance to get my life right and to focus and this is my chance to change for the better.

After for about a couple of minutes of just staring and letting my eyes wander around, I decided I should go to Selena's flat and rest from a tiring and long flight.

I went towards to the yellow taxis lined up at the corner and a man in his late fifties came to my direction and gave me a warm smile. His fedora hat slightly tilted on the side, his flimsy sweater had bit of threads hanging out from the hem of his sweater and his gloves were blackened at his palm. Despite his clothing, I gave him a smile in return.

"Hello sir, would you mind if you give me a ride?" I asked, trying to be polite and formal as possible.

"Not at all, hop in." He replied and gestured to his taxi parked at the very first from the line. I smiled and opened the backseat of the car and got in and placed my luggage beside me while he got into the drivers seat.

When he got into the drivers seat, I pulled out my phone that's in my pocket and showed him the address that Selena texted me yesterday.

He seemed to get it when he gave me a nod and he drove off away from the airport and off to Selena's flat.

I stuffed my phone back inside my pocket and rested my head on the headrest while my elbow was placed beside my window.

My eyes aimlessly wander around on the buildings and boutiques that we're passing by and people walking and rushing on the streets to wherever they're heading to.