Chapter 12

Soccer Match!

The accidental kiss last night had turned me awkward all of a sudden. I was blushing and avoiding him more than usual. I didn't know why and how that happened. I didn't know what he wanted. I didn't know what it meant to him because let's be honest here, he was always playing around and I didn't want to get my hopes up. The best possible answer to this was that he was playing around and it was a mistake. I didn't want to think any further because I didn't want to get hurt by him. Again. Why was I forgetting that he was still my first enemy ever since I stepped in this highschool? Why was I growing a soft spot for him. Being partners, I realised one thing that I had misunderstood him very much. He wasn't bad at all. He was very caring and fun to be with. And he was highly sensitive too. The only bad habit he had was playing around and turning off his feelings. I knew the reason of his behavior now so I couldn't blame him entirely too. But there was just one thing that I could never forget. Specially what he did after that. And yet I was forgetting it which meant a great danger ahead.

Anyway, as far as Zack was concerned, he was behaving normal. Well obviously, it wasn't a big deal for him. I was walking to my locker when I felt a hand on my mouth and someone dragging me to the classroom beside. I tried kicking and screaming but that didn't help either. I heard someone bolting the door. And when I turned around, it was Zack.

Bloody Hell!

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I blasted at him.

"Chill, cupcake! I just wanted to talk." He waved it off like it was no big deal.

As always.

"Is this the new way to talk? Kidnap someone?"

"Relax, sugar! I have that much right on you, now. Right?"

"Wrong!" I stated.

"Okay, sorry. My bad! Anyway, it's final of the soccer match today and I want you to be there. Please do come." He spoke genuinely.

"Why do you want me there?"

"I will tell you after you come. Will you? Please, don't say no. I will never ask for anything else." He pleaded.

"Okay, I will see." I gave in. His puppy face could even melt a stone and here it was just my heart.

"Yay! Thankyou cupcake. Don't forget to cheer for me." He spoke as he tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear and kissed my cheek. I kept staring down at the floor as he whispered. "I'll wait for you. I know you won't let me down." And with a wink, he was gone. I just stood there with a racing heart, gulping the bile. What was he doing to me? Why was he doing this to me? I didn't know but I needed answers soon. I couldn't let him use me again.

Ishika and I had decided to go to the match already but I didn't tell him that. We took our seats and the flags of our team. Soon we were joined by Sam and Krystal.

It was the final of interschool soccer tournament and our team Riverhawks had made it to the finals. It wasn't any surprise though. The BBH squad always led the team from the front. The other team was Tornadoes from a school in Chicago.

First Tornadoes entered and the spectators cheered for them. Next it was Riverhawks. The players entered the ground and got the loudest cheers as they waved at the crowd. Steve got the loudest cheer and rightly so because firstly, he was the captain and secondly, well it was Steve duh! The prettiest boy of our school. Zack entered the field last of all. He was wearing a head band and a few locks of his wet hair covered his forehead. He looked kind of cute but then he blew me a flying kiss and winked and people started hooting. My cheeks turned red and I wanted to disappear in the crowd. Was he out of his mind?
The match started and my embarassing encounter no. 342 came to an end. It was intense and got to last minute when Zack took the lead and scored the final goal leading Riverhawks to a well deserved victory. The final scores were 7-6 and the trophy was awarded to Riverhawks. The crowd erupted into loud cheers as the players celebrated to their heart's content. I was really happy and proud of him today. He was an all rounder in the true sense. Sam dragged us to the boys' dressing room. We were enjoying the perks of her relationship with Tom. As soon as we entered, Sam jumped on him and they got lost in their own little bubble. Krystal was with Steve, giving him the towel and stuff. Vivaan came to us as Ishika shyly congratulated him and he said a shy thanks to her. And then came the man of the moment. He ran towards me and took me in a big bear hug.

"Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou! You're the best!" He beamed at me while hugging me tightly.

"Eww, you're sweating like a pig. Get away and take a shower."

"I don't care cupcake." He said and kept on hugging me.

"You're so nasty!"

"I am." He said proudly.

"Why thankyou though?"

"Umm because, you're kind of my lucky charm."

"I thought Tedd was your lucky charm."

"He is but you know na. Last minute goal was just because of you. So thankyou cupcake. I owe you one now."

"That's not true. It was just your hardwork. Not because of me. And honestly, you were really good today."

"Really?" He smiled widely.

"Yep." I popped out my tongue.

"Thankyou for everything, cupcake."

I smiled at him. "You don't owe me anything. Alright?"

"Yeah yeah!" He waved it off and took me in a headlock.

"Go and shower. You stink!"

"Alright!" He chuckled and grabbed his stuff.

I turned around to see atleast six people standing with crossed arms and smirking at me.

"What?" I asked, annoyed.

"You two are a thing? Coz if you're. We are gonna ship you so damn hard."

"Nothing like that. We are project partners. That's it."

"Sure, Cupcakeee!" They teased. I ignored and went out smiling like an idiot.

■■■■■■■

Zack and Faara are a thing? What do you think?