Chapter 31 - The Text...

Start from the beginning

"Yeah you're right. I'll talk to him today, better to get it over and done with, I guess. I just hope that he still wants to be friend because I don't want to lose him," she said in a sad voice.

"Something tells me that it'll all work out just fine," I reassured her.

"I hope so, I really do. Right now get ready missy, breakfast is nearly done," she said as she stood to her feet.

"You're not cooking it are you?" I asked as the fear laced my voice.

"No. Aiden is," she said as she laughed at my now relived expression.

"Ok".

"Glad to see the confidence that you have in me though," she said sarcastically with a smile on her face.

"You forget how long I've known you and if there is one thing that I have learnt, it is that you and the kitchen are in no way friends," I said as we both began to laugh.

"Just get ready woman!" She said as she walked out the door, laughing.

****

As I walked down the stairs after getting ready I was greeted by the delicious smell of food cooking. If Aiden kept this up we could have a very long life together.

"Oh, good morning sweetheart," Susan said as she watched me walking down the stairs.

"Morning Mrs-I mean Susan," I quickly corrected myself.

"Sleep well?" She asked with a smile on her face.

"Yes thank you. I really enjoyed last night, thanks for inviting me," I said as I smiled back at her.

"April sweetheart, you're family, you never need an invite," she said as she gently squeezed my hand and then walked into the living room leaving me stood still with a smile on my face.

"Something smells good," I said as I watched Aiden moving around the kitchen like Gordon Ramsey, well minus the swearing and the anger. It was nice watching him cook, he seemed at peace, like he was in his element.

"Morning beautiful," he said as he smiled at me.

"Would you mind taking these into the dining room, I thought that it'd be nice to all eat together today," he said as he pointed towards the four plates and, knives and forks.

"Course I will but I want something in return," I said as I smirked at him.

"Oh is that right? What did you have in mind?" He asked as he his smirk now mirrored mine.

"Surprise me," I whispered as I watched him start to walk towards me.

"I thought you hated surprises?" He said as he stood infront of me.

"I used to," I said before I felt his lips conect with mine.

I quickly parted from Aiden as I heard a whisper in the kitchen and turned to see Susan and Crystal watching us.

"Awww, so romantic," Susan said as she watched us happily, causing me to blush.

"I know right," Crystal played along as she was clearly trying to hold back the laugh that she so badly wanted to release.

"I'll just take these next door," I said as I picked up the plates and cutlery off of the marble counter and headed towards the dining room.

****

Breakfast turned out to be really nice. Sitting around the table in the Daniels' house was a distant memory that reminded me of my childhood and it was nice to experience it again.