~Chapter Twenty-Two~

Start from the beginning

"Adriana..." Elena pleaded as she secured her own wrist to the hand rest. "Listen to me..." It was time to negotiate.

"Fùck you Elena!" She spat suddenly realising the tightness that had formed in her chest.

Keep it together. Keep it together.

She couldn't falter. She had already committed to the mission and now there was no other choice but to follow through. But morally, she was disgusted in herself. How could she have let things get this far? First Officer Ben O'Conner, now Elena's love interest? What sort of person was she becoming? What lengths was she going to for her relationship? What further lengths would she go too once they were married?

"Adriana, I know you don't want to hear from me but we can fight later, right now we have no choice!" Elena panicked trying to get through to her captor. "You need to close the blinds, lock the door and we both need to shower. Think logically!" Never in a million years would she have thought to help the woman who she believed stole the love of her life, but here they were, in desperate times.
"Who are you here with? Saro? Carmelo? Stefano?" She rambled some names from Salvatore's payroll. "Tie me to this chair, whatever, but you need to wash up then go across the street to the payphone, call them."

Nobody. Nobody. NOBODY!

Adriana cursed herself internally. She was alone, without any assistance from the team who would protect her at all costs.

"You're coming back to New York with me!" She demanded completely disregarding the information coming towards her. She needed time to think. Process.

"Listen to me!" Elena raised her voice in annoyance. "Neither of us is going to New York if we don't do this right! For fùck sakes are you Salvo's girlfriend or what?!"

"Fiancé!" She corrected boldly, get used to it. She thought to herself taking any opportunity to put her in her place.

"Well act like it! Call your men here Adriana!"

She let out a frustrated breath wishing it was that easy. There was no way she could reveal to Elena she had travelled here alone, it would only provide her with the time and opportunity to make a bold move, and there was no way she could allow that.
She thought about Patrizio, the man who had assisted in tracking down Elena, he had said to call if she needed anything further. But this was personal and possibly too much information to reveal, she would hate for another family to have something over her and Salvatore – a secret they could be held to forever.

"Call them!" Elena shouted out once more. "I don't have all the shĩt required to clean up a murder Adriana! You need to call!"

She was irritating, but she knew she was right. There was only so much she could do alone, and disposing of a fully grown male's body was not one of them! She certainly hadn't prepared for the aftermath of murdering someone, she hadn't prepared on murdering someone at all. It had been a spur of the moment fuelled with rage from the discovery of Luca.

"Listen to me!" Elena insisted exasperated, she knew she had to get through to her, Italians were ruthless, this was not the country to end up in prison!
"Across the street is a payphone..." She explained calmly once Adriana turned to face her. "Make the call, but don't say it... Tell them you have too many chairs for Sunday lunch and one person can't make it." She paused to take a breath and rubbed her parched lips together, she hadn't realised how dry her mouth was from all the shouting and shock after stepping into her apartment, she desperately needed a drink.
"They will probably ask if there's any chance the extra chair might change their mind and make it or if you need the chair removed... Obviously, you need it removed!"