Sammi?

Mikey:

I started a movie and we just sat cuddling. About halfway through the movie, I told Ash I'd be right back. But the only reason I left was to check on Sammi. I walked up to the guest room, and slightly opened the door. I saw the little girl sleeping, so I walked back out with the door opened a crack. When I went back to the room, Ash turned down the TV. I layed next to him and watched the movie. A little bit after the movie ended, I heard crying.

Ash:

I heard crying. Mikey looked at me. I got up, changed into sweats, and walked to the guest room. The crying stopped once I opened the door though. I turned on the light to reveal a puffy eyed Sammi. She was sitting up on the bed.

"Hi baby," I said, gently.

All I got was a scared look.

"Are you ok?"

A quick little nod. Then she looked down.

"What happened?"

Sammi just shrugs.

I sat on the bed with her and held my arms out. Sammi shakes her head.

"Please?"

Another head shake. I go to pick her up and she tenses up. Then screams. I quickly grab her and pull her to my chest.

"Shh. It's ok."

No luck, she just kept crying. Mikey walked in and stood in the doorway. I noticed the confusion in his eyes. Sammi was trying to get out of my arms.

"Sammi... Hey.... Calm down. Please baby."

"Do you need help?" Mikey asked, worried.

"Um..."

Sammi shook her head quickly at him.

"No."

She wouldn't stop crying so Mikey said he would be back with something for her to drink. Once he left though, she calmed down.

"What's wrong Sammi?"

She looked down, not answering me.

I felt that my thigh was a little damp and knew she had an accident. "You want to change into warmer clothes?"

She looked up with glossy eyes and nodded, blushing.

"Ok. I'll be right back with clothes. Is that ok?"

A nod. So I walked downstairs and went over to Mikey.

"Hey, um, can I look at the toddler clothes you looked at with Sammi?"

"Yeah. I brought them out here for tomorrow. Is everything ok?"

"Mhm." I walked over to the clothes and picked a pair out.

"What happened?"

"Sammi had an accident and needs clean, warm clothes."

He had a few glasses in his hand and followed me upstairs.

"Oh ok." Then he continued, "When you're done, you can come to my room and I'll put a movie in after dinner is done."

I nodded and walked upstairs. When I got to the guest room, I opened the door.

"Sammi?"

I saw her with teary eyes. "Sowwy," came a quiet mumble.

"Hey what's wrong?"

"Accint."

"Don't be sorry for that. It's ok. You're not in trouble."

"Rea'y?" Sammi sounded like she didn't believe me.

"Yeah, really."

I heard a sniffle.

So I walked over to the bed, "how about we get changed?"

She nodded. I got her changed and asked if she would like to watch a movie. My answer was a nod. Sammi wanted to walk by herself so I let her. We made our way to Michael's room and I saw him sitting in his bed.

"Hi sweety," he said gently.

Sammi just held onto my leg.

"It's ok baby," I told her.

She looked up at me, unsure. Then she walked over to him hesitantly.

"Hewp?" I got asked when she made it to the bed.

Once she was on the bed, she wouldn't sit next to Mikey. "Ash, what did I do?"

Michael looked at me like he was nervous.

"Do you wanna watch a movie?" I asked her.

Sammi nodded and looked up at Mikey. I think she was somewhat asking permission to watch one. Mikey nodded and walked her over to the movies. I heard him whisper something and she nodded. Then he walked back to the bed.

"She wants it to be a surprise."

"Oh. Ok."

Sammi was sitting by the movies just admiring them. I watched as she traced the cases and looked at the colors.

"Ashton," Mikey said quietly.

"Hm?"

"Do you think she likes me?"

"She takes her time knowing someone. She might not fully trust you, but she does like you a little bit."

He nodded slightly.  Just then, Sammi walked up to us. She held a movie up to Michael to show him.

"You want that one?"

She nodded. They walked up to the DVD player and put the movie in. Sammie ran up to thd bed and reached her arms up for me to hold her. I picked her up and Mikey sat on the bed next to me. Sammi scooted a little towards the edge, farther from Mikey. About halfway through the movie, Ms Clifford came home.