Chapter 22 ~ epilogue ~ Wedding bells

Chapter 22 ~ Wedding bells

~Zayn's POV~

A few months have passed ever since I first saw that weird blue-haired boy in my garden. 

Ever since than I've been seeing him a lot. Maybe because he moved in with me after I found out he was living with Harry and Louis, his two friends who are engaged to each other. He shouldn't be living with them. They need their alone time a lot. Believe me, every day he would stand on my doorstep complaining about how loud they are... In his words "It's horrible!"

So, after one month I decided that the guest room in my cottage could be his room. After only that one month of knowing each other we were already best friends. It's like we have known each other for ages. Well, I didn't know a lot about him. It just felt like I could trust him with my life. And that he loves dying his hair blue from time to time with no reason. 

Over the months I've got to know Niall a lot. He's a nice lad with manners. He isn't really the typical teen from these days. Sometimes it even looks like he comes from a different time. 

Like that day he tried to work the mobile I got him as a present. It was like trying to teach a baby how to drive a car... impossible. Now he's a pro. 

We hung out a lot in the town's bar. It became our favourite spot. The dark wooden table surrounded by leather couches in the corner of the bar has been claimed ours. If we aren't at home you can probably find us there. 
That's also where Niall found a job. He is the waiter there and he does his job good. The costumers are very content with him. 

Niall has also brought this cat with him, he calls it Liam, which is a weird name for a cat, but whatever floats his boat. I've actually token a liking into the cat. It's like he has a meaning of his own and always sasses Niall when he does something wrong. It sometimes even looks like he is actually smiling and laughing when Niall walks against stuff and falls. 

Four months after Niall moved in with me we got post from our two best friends. Harry and Louis had invited us for their wedding. I immediately called them to tell them we would be there. Niall kept shouting happily that we could go shopping for suits now. 

And that happened. We went shopping for suits together and I let him choose my suit cause he kept complaining about his styling-skills. 
Eventually he put me into a green suit with purple pants. It looked like I escaped the last century. 
At last the shopping trip ended with me helping him find a suit. I can say I did a good job. His ass come out just fine in the black pants I made him wear. 

If I look back on it, it seems like the past six months have gone by quick. Niall has earned a special place in my heart and he will always keep that spot. 

And now here we are, in the middle of the woods on the wedding of our best friends. 

I'm sitting next to Niall, who's watching the wedding smiling wide. It's like he's watching the most interesting thing ever. 

He is so cute right now with his bleached hair. 

I shake my head fondly and focus back on the priests words. 

Louis and Harry can't stop smiling either. Their hands are joined as they stare at each other. 

On this moment I can't help but think that life is perfect. 

~*~

The 'after party' of the wedding is organized in a room that's meant for small concerts for local bands. The whole room is decorated in the same colors of the wedding theme. They really did a good job.